INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with JRiver Server and other media programs at same time.  (Read 1138 times)

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Note - title changed, this appears to be a JRiver Server issue, not a MadVR issue.

The only reason MadVR is on my machine is for JRiver MC (I have not installed it separately).  Now all of the sudden, it seems to have taken over the media playback on the machine.  With JRiver MC closed (server running), transport functions no longer work in WMC and when I hit 'play/pause' on my keyboard MadVR starts up and launches a video playing in the background in JRiver MC (can't see the video but can hear the audio).  Any thoughts as to what might be going on?  I am running 19.108, the current version in the 'stable' channel.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MadVR has taken over?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 10:26:56 pm »

Quick update - if I go in to task manager and kill the background JRiver MC server processes, then full functionality returns to WMC.  Transport controls all work as expected instead of being intercepted.  Probably not a MadVR issue but a JRiver issue where as long as the server process is running (to serve the library around the house) it is stealing control of some but not all transport controls.  Play, pause, ff/rw all work but stop skip forward/back, and others don't do anything or cause JRiver MC to start playing content.

Second update - upgraded to 111, no change.  JRiver is set to load library server at startup.  Immediatly after restarting my machine and never launching the full UI, I can press the combo play/pause button on my keyboard and JRiver starts playing video in the background.  You can't see the video, but the audio starts and MadVR appears in the system tray.  MadVR indicates that JRiver Media Center is the media player and killing all system process for JRiver fixes the problem.

coffeethecat

• World Citizen
Re: Problems with JRiver Server and other media programs at same time.
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 10:47:50 am »

When I click on Tools - Advanced Tools - Media Server - nothing happens - --- - Why?
Pages: [1]   Go Up