INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spotify in JR19 (Almost Solved)  (Read 1617 times)

NachoSinColor

• Recent member
  • es
Spotify in JR19 (Almost Solved)
« on: April 19, 2014, 01:05:06 pm »

Hi there guys! I can't remember if I introduce myself at this forum, anyways, I'm nAcho from Chile and I've been Using MC since it's 13th version, I just love it, altough we have to agree that recent streaming services (deezer, spotify, etc.) have made the fact of collecting local music less useful (I still do it, ripping CD's, Vinyls, you get way better quality and most important there's so many stuff that those streaming services don't have for music lover/audiophile/melomaniac as I am  :P).

But enough intro, let's get to the point, I've been trying to get Spotify on my JRiver, my looser first attempt was creating an Icon in my Theater View that i will only link to the desktop app. Useless but it felt like I was getting somewhere :P

But just today It came to my mind to open spotify on the local embedded web browser, after a few attempts with IE (I was able to switch URL with CTRL + O -> http://play.spotify.com, but then kept on saying that I should install flash player (known issue in the spotify community), so I switched to Chrome, no luck on changing the URL (CTRL + O opens the JR Options instead of opening a new URL as in the IE config) so I added Spotify as a link here's a screenshot of my standard view with the spotify link added.

So I configure it to open in a new tab and I logged in spotify, and I CAN PLAY EVERYTHING! :) BUT! It seems that the process 'JRiver Web Application (32 bits)' is streaming directly to the main soundcard on Windows.

Finally, after beating around the bush for a while, here's my question!:
Is it possible to stream the Web based audio, trough the JRiver Audio Engine? I have VAC (Virtual Audio Cable) and I also know how to use the "Open Live" feature in JRiver, but I can't seem to get to play from spotify inside the player, as in this pic:

to the JRiver Audio engine, like it's possible with youtube (where you can browse trough the embedded browser then CTRL + CLICK on a video and open it in the JRiver audio engine)

Hope I can find any help on this, Thanks a lot ;)
Greetings from Chile!

PS: Tech Specs
Asus UX302LG
Win 8.1 - 4Gb - core i5 4200u - nVidia 730m
Also controlling with Gizmo on a Asus Padfone Android 4.2
If anyone could tell any tips to get the most out of the JRiver Media Center experience I would appreciate! ;)

PS2:
hope the 'jackalope' guy or the 'meat-eater' can answer on this one, they always help!

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Spotify in JR19 (Almost Solved)
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 01:57:50 pm »

ASIOBridge set as your default sound device should be able to pass audio through to the JRiver ASIO driver if WASAPI Loopback is not working.
Pages: [1]   Go Up