INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC19 keeps hanging / stopping over network  (Read 865 times)

pvanosta

• Recent member
MC19 keeps hanging / stopping over network
« on: April 26, 2014, 12:59:55 pm »

My system:
MC19.128 on Windows 8.1 64bit.
Media files: stored on Raid5 array (eSATA, connected to PC)
File types: Audio (MP3, FLAC, HiRez Flac, DSD)

Player: Oppo BDP-105 connected to home LAN
I know the network is OK because I can play the same files via Twonky.

In JRiver, Media Network settings:
-Generic DLNA, Audio mode set to Original, Format PCM24bit.

On my Ipad, I have My River installed.

The problem: I can find and start a track, but after 30 seconds or so, playback stops. On the PC, I see an error message 'There was a problem with Playback' or 'There was a problem controlling the selected DLNA device'.

I have gone over all the settings I can think of and nothing makes a difference. When the problem occurs, I also notice the Oppo disappear from the 'Playing Now' listing, top left (Overview, Player, OPPO).

Let mer know what other info I can provide but this is very annoying/frustrating. I was playing fine last weekend and now ... not so much. No changes were made to the system or to the PC (besides adding a few more music files to the library).

UPDATE: Disabled my antivirus. Same problem.
Run MC as Admin: same problem.

Log file attached.

pvanosta

• Recent member
Re: MC19 keeps hanging / stopping over network
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 03:24:28 pm »

For whatever reason, the problem went away for a week or two and then came back again.
I cannot play a single track, regardless of file format (MP3, FLAC, DSD) for more than 30-60 seconds before it freezes and I get the same error messages in MC onscreen:
'There was a problem with Playback' or 'There was a problem controlling the selected DLNA device'.

Just updated to most recent version. Same problem.

Checked on bandwidth upstairs (where the OPPO and the sound system are) and I get no less than 18 MB/sec at all times.

Any suggestions anyone?

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC19 keeps hanging / stopping over network
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 03:39:07 pm »

It almost certainly sounds like a network issue. Based on your stated bandwidth, it sounds like you are using Wireless-G. It might be time for a new router.
Pages: [1]   Go Up