INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: REQ: More than Three Priority Levels  (Read 784 times)

kstuart

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
REQ: More than Three Priority Levels
« on: April 19, 2014, 02:23:51 pm »

I am starting to use MC19 again for (ATSC) TV DVR use.  (I was using a freeware solution which developed problems, so it was a good opportunity to experience the new TV features added by JRiver.)

Immediately, I have come across a situation where three priority levels are not enough.  The freeware package I was using previously had five, which is just enough for my few local TV channels.  (Dish Network has a system whereby every "timer" (their term for what JRiver calls a "subscription" which is listed in "recording rules") can be listed in an ordered list (otherwise like MC19's "recording rules" list), so that priority is simply its position in the list.

While the latter is elegant, it is obviously a lot of coding, but if there are currently 3 priority levels, that priority would likely be stored in an integer variable, so you could have as many as nine without changing much of anything other than the GUI.

The freeware that I was using previously, also uses words to describe the priority, so they add "med-high" and "med-low", and doing that (making a total of five) would certainly be sufficient for my uses.

Thanks for considering this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up