INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Denon 4311CI with multiple zones same input channel  (Read 2111 times)

deuceadam

• Recent member
Denon 4311CI with multiple zones same input channel
« on: April 19, 2014, 03:01:49 pm »

I have a Denon 4311CI , I have my HTPC hooked up to the DVR input. I have HDMI from (2) XFX_R9_270 cards running in crossfire, this is used for my main zone when watching movies. I have another Zone called "just music" that has a LOKI dac coming from the HTPC the also hooks up to the AVR through the DVR input.

The problem I have is that for audio input, I set the DVR to select the audio automatically, so when I switch zone input from the main to start playing "just music" zone I want the AVR to switch to that input. But it doesn't the AVR indicates that something is still coming across the HDMI and it indicates that it's 5.1 channels of information ( this still happens when I play music through the HDMI zone even though I tell MC19 to send only 2.1 channels of information.)

To resolve this I have to go into the menu of the AVR in set audio input to analog. ?

Whats coming across the channels in the zone that's not being used? Is their a way to have all none used channels of the zone canceled out when no audio is being sent through them?

I have used different video cards and every version of MC since multi zones has given me the same results.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: Denon 4311CI with multiple zones same input channel
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 11:04:58 pm »

I'm not fully sure what's going on in your setup as I don't have your a Denon AVR handy to test, but one thing to know is that in 2.1 mode JRiver sends out six channels of audio, but three of them are silence.  That's because most receivers don't have a 3 channel or 2.1 mode, they either have a stereo or a 5.1 mode, so JRiver effectively puts 2.1 into a 5.1 package so that receivers won't bug out.

So that's why you're seeing 5.1 even when you've selected 2.1 mode.  I don't know why your receiver is detecting input when nothing is playing though, that's mighty odd. 

One thing to try: make sure you stop output in the HDMI zone rather than pausing.  Pausing effectively "plays silence" which will keep the output active, whereas stopping should cut off the output.

deuceadam

• Recent member
Re: Denon 4311CI with multiple zones same input channel
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 02:16:16 pm »

Thanks I will try that.

connersw

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Re: Denon 4311CI with multiple zones same input channel
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 05:13:20 pm »

You may also want to check your exclusive mode settings, both in MC and in the Windows Playback Devices properties.  If you are also using HDMI as your default sound device in Windows, Windows could be sending system sounds/notifications that are keeping it active.
Pages: [1]   Go Up