INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Screen off function, using a remote control (time adjustable)  (Read 903 times)

Seadevil

Dear JRiver Forum,

As a happy Media Center user (started with mc18 now mc19) i would like to thank you for the great joy your software brings me.
A Music freak like me, i listen 5-10 hours a day, from jazz to heavy metal, you need a program to rely on.
Most of us started with an ipod and Itunes but soon you find out that after messing with more than 16.000 files Itunes is not so reliable anymore, the database realy sucks and more than once the files start to disappaer or change places and/or names..Looked and tried a lot of other Music progs, but they were never good enough, until one day i found “JRiver Media Center” it was love at first site.
The Media Center 18/19 database never failes me, i have 65.000 tracks running on a 1.5TB Hitachi HD on a Sony VAIO with a DAC (US Dragon 02), the Sony is in my backpack, it is basicly a high-end “walkman” that can be extended everytime the HD gets bigger, at this moment i’m waiting for the 2TB (9.5mm) by Seagate..

Now, my question for you is this, is it possible to make a few changes that are very helpfull to me, it’s probably just two lines of code but it is very important to me,  If i use my remote control and go one track forward or backwards the screen will go on for at least “one minute” it is simply not possible to go any shorter than this within windows 7. Can you make an option to make the time adjustable for less than the minute. Also is it possible to make a knob you can leave the “screen off” if you use the remote control. For laptop users this will significatly increase the playing time on a battery..

Many thanks for the help and your great program..

Best regards, J.N. Heijnen (Amsterdam)

baniels

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Screen off function, using a remote control (time adjustable)
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 08:30:31 pm »

Here is what I am doing on my machine (Windows 7).

Right click in an empty space within a folder or on your desktop. Select New-->Shortcut. In the following screen, enter this into the location field [C:\Windows\System32\scrnsave.scr] (without the brackets).

Now tuck this away somewhere and assign a remote or keyboard key to launch the shortcut. Using the hotkeys on my keyboard for next/back/pause does not make the screen come back on. Moving the mouse or hitting a regular key does.

This may not satisfy your situation, since it doesn't actually turn the screen OFF - it just displays an empty black screen. I'm sure there would be some battery savings nonetheless.

Pages: [1]   Go Up