INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request for new network interface  (Read 534 times)

koreth

Feature request for new network interface
« on: February 17, 2002, 10:01:20 am »

I'd love to be able to supply a playlist or smartlist name and get back a dump of the tracks in the list a la the "Export Playlist" command.

Why?  I've written a jukebox for the 3Com Audrey (an Internet appliance, now discontinued and available cheap).  It's really a playback app, not a library manager.  It can read ASCII-exported MJ playlists, but it'd sure be swell if I didn't have to re-export my lists whenever I rip a new CD.  If I could query MJ -- which is always running on my PC -- to get the contents of a list, that'd be much cleaner than maintaining a zillion little exported playlist files.

Ideally I'd just run MJ on the Audrey, but I doubt you guys are contemplating porting to QNX any time soon!

(And yes, I do plug MJ on my app's site...)

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:Feature request for new network interface
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2002, 10:25:44 am »

koreth,
Last week, we began a project to add what we called Interface Plugins to MJ.  They will be able to talk to MJ and then (probably) do the kind of thing you're asking for.

The first one will pass artist/album/track info to a web server running on the same machine.  This will allow any other device (like an Audrey) that runs a browser to remotely conrol MJ.

We expect to make this open to other developers but it will take a couple of weeks to begin to get organized about this.  If you want to participate, drop matt @ jriver.com a message.

And thanks for the plug!

Jim Hillegass
JRiver
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox
Pages: [1]   Go Up