INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import views from Theater View into Gizmo?  (Read 3556 times)

• Citizen of the Universe
Import views from Theater View into Gizmo?
« on: April 21, 2014, 06:23:48 am »

I just got around to setting up some custom views for Gizmo this weekend (for JRemote) and found that most of the changes I was making matched very closely to my Theater View settings. (which differ from my regular library views quite a bit)

Rather than having to copy and paste into notepad and manually recreate a lot of my custom expressions, it would be much easier if we could pick them from a list, as we can with standard library views.

connersw

Re: Import views from Theater View into Gizmo?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 07:26:43 am »

It has been asked for many times, going back several versions of MC, to be able to save the entire Theater View so that it can be copied over to Gizmo and DLNA.  Would make it so much easier.  I have two different DLNA Servers with different settings to get the best possible quality on different devices, so both Servers have to have their own Customize Views set-up separately (even though they are exactly the same).  Any changes to Theater View must then be copied over to Gizmo and then DLNA twice. 

The only half-way decent work around is to create a (Root) Directory called Theater/Gizmo/DLNA Views in Standard View with all my Theater View settings.  This at least allows me to add Library Items.   It is still kludgy at best because I still have to add it into Theater View first to see it and make sure it shows up the way I want it, then make any necessary changes back in the Standard View, and finally copy it over 4-times into Theater View, Gizmo, and twice in DLNA.

Re: Import views from Theater View into Gizmo?
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 10:16:30 am »

It has been asked for many times, going back several versions of MC, to be able to save the entire Theater View so that it can be copied over to Gizmo and DLNA.  Would make it so much easier.  I have two different DLNA Servers with different settings to get the best possible quality on different devices, so both Servers have to have their own Customize Views set-up separately (even though they are exactly the same).  Any changes to Theater View must then be copied over to Gizmo and then DLNA twice. 
Well I can definitely see why you might want different DLNA servers to have their own views.

The only half-way decent work around is to create a (Root) Directory called Theater/Gizmo/DLNA Views in Standard View with all my Theater View settings.  This at least allows me to add Library Items.   It is still kludgy at best because I still have to add it into Theater View first to see it and make sure it shows up the way I want it, then make any necessary changes back in the Standard View, and finally copy it over 4-times into Theater View, Gizmo, and twice in DLNA.
You're right, this is probably the "easiest" solution for now. I'll have to look into it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up