INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: problems observes in the 8 beta  (Read 667 times)

tombagford

problems observes in the 8 beta
« on: February 17, 2002, 06:28:38 am »

8 Beta compared to last version 7

So far the nicest feature is also the greatest fault, and that is the Playlists area....

On install all my smartlists were vaporized... gone..that's OK as I'm more oriented at present at getting all the "categories" in place first before great smartlists would be possible.... so just an observation.

Primary crashes where I didn't have them before... playing a smartlist, then while that's going on in the background I went to create some new smartlists ( very simple ones which did not have any songs in common with the one playing ) this after the 2nd or 3rd on created crashed the program.

Properties.... oh my goodness this is REALLY BAD... where before I could highlight say 140 songs and edit within about 10 seconds, now it's several minutes while it gathers up info? before I can edit.  Click on the Playlist tab and again a big wait before anything can be done, almost as if it was reloading info.  I'll check the settings to see if I missed something in that regard.  But with several thousand new files to review and tag I can't wait that long, 7 was faster by a factor of 100 in terms of getting to the job then tagging and finally saving the info. Tis is VITAL to restore the speed else one will be sitting around doing nothing for hours waiting on dialogs to setup.... OK my wife thinks I've been sitting around doing 'nothing' for hours for months and months since I got the program but that's a different story

Essentially it looks like the program is going in a good direction, I continue to tell EVERYONE this is the only way to have a MP3 collection so I love it but with 26K files and counting it really has to be fast about getting to the edits so I can work on getting this stuff into a usable form, might have to go back to 7 so I can get the current crop of files edited.

Oh yes and while in edit file properties when I go to rename files and it offers the schemes to rename the files, since I have a ARTIST\ALBUM directory structure and back up to CDR and need to keep names small as possible but still accurate I need a file scheme of track# - title ( don't need to have artist and album all over again ).

That's it for now will continue investigating...

great work guys

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:problems observes in the 8 beta
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2002, 09:37:00 am »

Thanks for your report.  Please post bugs to the thread on the particular build "MJ 8.0.207 available...".
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
RE:problems observes in the 8 beta
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2002, 09:46:59 am »

>>it really has to be fast about getting to the edits
delete the id3v2 tags on your mp3 files and it will be faster

if you have id3v2 tag MJ and other programs need to rewrite the whole file, if you only have id3v1.1 tags it does not and is allot faster.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up