INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Updating Tags from Library for DSD files  (Read 2493 times)

YorkJC1950

Updating Tags from Library for DSD files
« on: April 25, 2014, 10:44:39 am »

I am having problems updating my tags from the library for DSD files.  Is there any special requirements for DSD files?  I have followed all the instructions under the Wiki "Sync the database and tags" topic.  What is the best way to validate that action has taken place?

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Updating Tags from Library for DSD files
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 11:10:41 am »

What kind of problems are you having exactly?

Also, what kind of DSD files are we talking about? Some can store tags, others cannot. In any case, MC should be able to store all tags in its library regardless of file type.

So, basically, DSD files should be able to be managed like any other kind of music file, mp3 or flac, doesn't matter.

YorkJC1950

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 11:49:13 am »

When I use the files from another PC using JRiver, the updated tags don't show-up.  I don't what kind of DSD files I have.  Is there a way to find out?

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 12:01:09 pm »

When I use the files from another PC using JRiver, the updated tags don't show-up. 

This is probably because the the file type you're using doesn't allow saving tags to the file.

I don't what kind of DSD files I have.  Is there a way to find out?

Yes. Probably the easiest is to look at the status bar (at the bottom). Select one of the DSD files. It should read

Song Name (DSF - m:ss - size MB)

where DSF signifies the file type. The ones I know for DSD are DSF, DFF, DST and SACD (iso).

Or, add a collumn. Right click one of the collumn headers and check 'File Type'.

Or, the hard way; select one of the DSD files. From the action pane on the bottom left, select tag. Click the 'menu' icon in the top left corner of the Tag window, select show all tags. Scroll down to File Type.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 12:07:16 pm »

This is probably because the the file type you're using doesn't allow saving tags to the file.

One way to prevent this is to share the library on one pc, the 'main' pc, where you will manage tags, import new files and do all your "work" on the library.

Both pc's need to be on the same network, wired or wireless, as long as they can reach each other.

Share the library by going to Tools, Options, Media Network. Check "Use media Network to share this library and enable DLNA". Follow the wizard and take note of the Access Key you will be given.

On the other PC, go to playing now, open Playing from ... and click Add Library. GIve it a sensible name and under Library Server, type in the Access Key. If all things go well, it should connect and play from the library shared on the other pc.

This is just a very quick rundown, I you run into trouble, just ask.

YorkJC1950

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 12:11:27 pm »

Thanks for your help! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up