INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EPG and post recording questions  (Read 6263 times)

thane108

• World Citizen
EPG and post recording questions
« on: April 24, 2014, 05:51:21 pm »

Two questions from a newbie moving over from another program

1)  I'm used to my EPG downloading two weeks of schedules and I'm only getting one week.  I've only tried the automatic EPG - should I try one of the other options?  If so, guidance would be appreciated.

2)  I'm used to being able to record past the scheduled termination of a program (for example - adding an hour for an NBA game should it go to overtime).  I see that I can globally record after a program ends, and I think I see that you can start a live recording that will continue until you stop it, but I don't see how to adjust a specific scheduled program.

Love JRiver - not intending this as criticism!

Perseverance wins out in the end!

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: EPG and post recording questions
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 06:10:49 pm »

1)  I'm used to my EPG downloading two weeks of schedules and I'm only getting one week.  I've only tried the automatic EPG - should I try one of the other options?  If so, guidance would be appreciated.

2)  I'm used to being able to record past the scheduled termination of a program (for example - adding an hour for an NBA game should it go to overtime).  I see that I can globally record after a program ends, and I think I see that you can start a live recording that will continue until you stop it, but I don't see how to adjust a specific scheduled program.

Love JRiver - not intending this as criticism!

Generally, it's better to post TV related stuff on the related board:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=11.0
Yaobing the resident TV guru patrols that board regularly, so you'll improve your response chances and response quality accordingly.

1. I use an OTA EPG method using scraper software that integrates with MC, so am not au fait with the on board deal. However, I would say in general that the EPG look ahead is a function of what the source produces. Some of the stations in my area do a 2 week look ahead, others only do 1 week or 5 days. It's pot luck.

2. Look at the pic. When you initiate a recording job the final step shows up something like that baby. You can see that you've got the same options as the global settings but this is for the recording job in question only.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 06:35:14 pm »

1)  I'm used to my EPG downloading two weeks of schedules and I'm only getting one week.  I've only tried the automatic EPG - should I try one of the other options?  If so, guidance would be appreciated.

Which country are you in?  

In my case (in USA) I use the first option and I do get two weeks of data (after updating today, I get data for up to  May 7).  As astromo mentioned, we do not control how far ahead the guide is.  We just download what is available.

2)  I'm used to being able to record past the scheduled termination of a program (for example - adding an hour for an NBA game should it go to overtime).  I see that I can globally record after a program ends, and I think I see that you can start a live recording that will continue until you stop it, but I don't see how to adjust a specific scheduled program.

Besides what astromo showed you in that screen shot, there is also a global option you can set, at Tools > Options > Television > Recording.  These global values are applied as default values every time you set up a specific recording, but you are always able to override it on the wizard window shown above.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

thane108

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 08:35:51 am »

That looks great - just what I wanted - but I don't get that screen.  After I select record - that's it.  It schedules the recording.  No options.

Any suggestions to enable the wizard?

thane108

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 08:41:57 am »

I should have stated that I'm in the US and I'm in Theater Mode when I'm scheduling recordings.

thane108

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 08:49:23 am »

I went back and tried recording a couple of times - it looks like the program is flashing by a screen so fast I can't read it.  Possibly it is flashing by the recording options screen?

I'll keep looking around for settings I've missed - thanks for alerting me to the possibility and any hints would be most appreciated!

thane108

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 09:08:05 am »

OK - I can get to the recording options menu when I schedule a recording under drivers and devices - television - but I can't under Theater view.

So - progress!

Is that normal that I can't get to recording options under Theater view or is it a setting I missed?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 12:49:54 pm »

I should have stated that I'm in the US and I'm in Theater Mode when I'm scheduling recordings.

Is that normal that I can't get to recording options under Theater view or is it a setting I missed?

That explains it.  

The wizard window mentioned above is for Standard view only.  For Theater view, no options are shown (maybe in the future).  So you will need to configure a default behavior in TV Options.  If you need to override the default behavior, you need to go to Standard view, select the recording that you already set up, and choose "Configure Recording".
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

thane108

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2014, 01:13:12 pm »

Thanks - I'll only need to go to standard view when scheduling sports events that might go over the scheduled time - so no big deal.
Pages: [1]   Go Up