INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to stop JRiver from playing multi channel iso files  (Read 2994 times)

srwooten

• Recent member

A lot of my SACD iso's have both multi channel and stereo versions of the same songs. I want to have J not try to play the multi channel stuff. Is there a way to have this be automatic? I do NOT want to convert multi to stereo.
Thanks-
Woot

tyler69

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to stop JRiver from playing multi channel iso files
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 05:05:55 am »

Here's a solution to your problem I think: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=86402.0 (reply #5)

connersw

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 06:08:26 am »

That's the only solution I have found.  I used to use Stacks; however, since MC still does not support Sidecar tagging for SACD iso files, there were constant issues with Tags changing and Files re-importing even though no external changes were being made.  The Stacks would constantly show up as unstacked, and the re-imports would corrupt my New Albums View.

I ended up adding the rule Channels is 2 to all of my Audio Views.  I then created a Multi-Channel Albums View with the rule Channels is greater than 2 for those times when I do want to play those Tracks.

|Tch0rT|

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 09:41:34 pm »

You could use SACD_Extract (https://code.google.com/p/sacd-ripper/downloads/detail?name=sacd_extract_0.3.7_WIN32.zip&can=2&q=) to extract the stereo tracks and import those to JRiver instead of using the ISO. It decompresses the SACD so it ends up using a lot more hard drive space. I have to do that since I can't get SACD ISO's to work in JRiver.

ted_b

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 08:36:31 am »

I simply created an ISO custom view with two rules:
filetype is "SACD"
channels less than or equal to "2"

then imported it to JRemote.  If you pick the ISO from "recent" you won;t see this rule being used, so be careful not to pick multichannel...but better approach is to simply always pick ISOs from your ISO view.

srwooten

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 06:34:27 pm »

I ended up creating a ZoneSwitch with a 2 channel rule, under Player> Zone > ZoneSwitch, then for the ZoneSwitch rule I typed [Channels]=<3 . ;)

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 06:15:53 am »

then imported it to JRemote.  If you pick the ISO from "recent" you won;t see this rule being used, so be careful not to pick multichannel...but better approach is to simply always pick ISOs from your ISO view.
There's nothing to stop you making this change there too.

srwooten

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 04:59:19 pm »

I simply created an ISO custom view with two rules:
filetype is "SACD"
channels less than or equal to "2"

Great idea, but I like to shuffle my library. Or shuffle a genre. Thanks though, it seems a viable idea.
Pages: [1]   Go Up