INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nothing is written even when burning is complete - help!!!  (Read 583 times)

coolbreeze

Nothing is written even when burning is complete - help!!!
« on: February 16, 2002, 04:34:30 pm »

When I tried to burn some music onto cd, the songs don't get written onto the cd even though it goes through all the steps.  The finishing part takes forever, and when it is complete and it says cd was created successfully, I try to listen to the newly created cd but nothing is there.  The disk is still empty!!   What is happening here and how can I fix it.  Please help

Alonso Nefarious

RE:Nothing is written even when burning is complete - help!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2002, 04:41:21 pm »

You would not happen to have the "test burn" (not sure of exact words, but it's like that) box checked, would you?

Charlemagne 8

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:Nothing is written even when burning is complete - help!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2002, 12:04:21 pm »

It's "Test Mode (will not write to CD)" under Options > CD Writer Settings > General Options.
If that is checked, it will go through ALL the motions of writing a CD but won't actually do anything. It's so you can test that everything is working and not take a chance on ruining a blank CDR.
It IS a CDR and not a CD-RW, right? CD-RW's have issues.
If none of the above is the case, try to write to that same CD again. If there's anything on it, you will get a message to that effect.
If that doesn't tell you anything, go to Widows Explorer and see if you can read the files on the disk.
That's right.
I'm cool.
Pages: [1]   Go Up