INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: File Properties  (Read 921 times)

TJZJ

File Properties
« on: February 16, 2002, 03:14:07 pm »

Is there a quick way to copy the song infomation like its rating, year or genre etc. into another identical song?

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:File Properties
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2002, 04:28:20 pm »

That's a good idea, but no, not at this time.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

dragyn

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2002, 12:21:16 pm »

You could select the files you want and choose properties (or add them all to playing now, playist, &/or search to select all) then the pull down menus will let you choose the info. It doesn't work on genre though, you have to pick that one. Wherever you see , that's where you can choose for all files.

Another way would be to highlight the files and then right click in a field (artist,album,whatever) and choose rename and then type it in and all will be set. If you do it this way and want to cancel out, hit esc..don't hit enter or click on the mouse somewhere else.

Last thing I know would be to drag and drop into a view scheme component. Like Genre/Arist/Album. Move the files to the Genre you want and it should update all files. Make other view schemes with different components and drag n' drop all day long.

This does one field at a time but for changing like rating on multiple files, this works. Doing it all at the same time would be nice but like Jim said, not at this time.

cjdshaw

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2002, 04:14:46 pm »

What if you made a view scheme like Genre/Rating/Year. Then dragging the file onto the one who's attributes you wanted would update them all at the same time, as long as you opened the tree up all the way first.

dragyn

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2002, 04:27:09 pm »

I made a temporary view scheme: Genre/Year/Rating/Artist/Album

Took a file that had no tag and dropped it into an "Album" slot and everything updated according to the tree expansion.

Works pretty slick except it doesn't show all fields in the tree view, just shows the current database fields. So you would have a hard time updating all fields at once this way to what you want if your other files don't have such fields. Like you couldn't drop it to a rating 5 if no other songs have a rating of 5.

TJZJ

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2002, 10:32:31 pm »

>>Another way would be to highlight the files and then right click in a field (artist,album,whatever) and choose rename and then type it in...
This way you could only do the files one by one.

>>Selecting the files and chosing properties (or add them all to playing now, playist, &/or search to select all) to change...
Seems the most viable method at the moment. But there could be over 10k files and this method doesn't copy but relies on manual input and comparison.

The technology is not quite there yet I guess. Will stick to Moodlogic for now eventhough they are unable to identify 60% of my collection and offer no rating option.

There is no point in spending an enormous amount of time, money and effort to accumulate a large collection of music files on a sophisticated PC/software if one is unable to control what to play.

I am not sure if this is just a hobby anymore. But it's got to be, because the returns are nil.
Pages: [1]   Go Up