INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stream video to Gizmo as is...  (Read 2785 times)

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Stream video to Gizmo as is...
« on: January 15, 2014, 11:03:37 pm »

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if I'm missing something here...

Is it possible to stream video to gizmo "as is" with no conversion at all?

Cheers,

J.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
Re: Stream video to Gizmo as is...
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 11:39:04 pm »

The stream always seems to be AVC / 2.0 AAC in a TS Container and unlike DLNA there are no server side settings though you can select
- Low (240p / 0.5 Mbps) => Stream consists of 432x240 (16:9) AVC / 48KHz 2.0 AAC
- Med (480p / 1.5 Mbps) => Stream consists of 864x480 (16:9) AVC / 48KHz 2.0 AAC
- High (720p / 5.0 Mbps) => Stream consists of 1,280x720 (16:9) AVC / 48KHz 2.0 AAC
Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 11:44:23 pm »

The stream always seems to be AVC / 2.0 AAC in a TS Container and unlike DLNA there are no server side settings though you can select
- Low (240p / 0.5 Mbps) => Stream consists of 432x240 (16:9) AVC / 48KHz 2.0 AAC
- Med (480p / 1.5 Mbps) => Stream consists of 864x480 (16:9) AVC / 48KHz 2.0 AAC
- High (720p / 5.0 Mbps) => Stream consists of 1,280x720 (16:9) AVC / 48KHz 2.0 AAC
Thanks
Nathan

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Thanks Nathan.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 12:32:58 am »

There was some discussion awhile ago when we were looking at the DLNA profiles about letting users create them but the discussion did not drift into Gizmo at all.
JRiver CEO Elect

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 06:56:50 pm »

That's cool. Skifta works great for what I want, but it's *another app* to teach the other half to use, rather than just say "you use the same app as you do to listen to your music"...

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 01:07:29 am »

Untouched  "as-is" streaming is something we're exploring for a re-vamp of the streaming options, both for DLNA and Gizmo.
I don't have a specific timeframe for this yet, though.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 01:19:16 pm »

Hendrik, as an expert on video, could you take a look of current video profiles for Gizmo.

I think that 1,5mbps is a little overkill for small screens like mobile phones (wastes data when connected to 3g/lte network) and 0,5mbps with current 15fps is too skippy.

It would be nice if there could be a profile between those 0,5mbps to 1,5mbps.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 08:51:52 pm »

I too would like a 1mbps stream as my upload from home is a theoretical 1.5 but in reality is around 1.3mbps..... or better still the ability to create your own profile so we could tune what we need to our own particular environments and equipment.
JRiver CEO Elect

Castius

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2014, 09:16:33 pm »

How hard would it be to make it adaptive?

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2014, 09:56:12 am »

We also used to watch 1CD movies encoded with divX (~700mbps, 2pass though) so I would think that h264@500mbps could be encoded using original FPS considering that typical usage of this profile is mostly mobile networks and small screens. Maybe you could save some bits from the audio. Custom profile would be a killer of course.

shawns1234

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2014, 02:49:50 am »

So, my concern is that playing files to a MC client using the gizmo app still plays the file in aac. Can we not use gizmo as a remote to tell another client to play a movie and that movie have the original audio???

connersw

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2014, 03:49:04 pm »

Can we not use gizmo as a remote to tell another client to play a movie and that movie have the original audio???

Yes, you can.  From the sounds of it, you are actually using Gizmo to treat your MC Client as a DLNA Renderer, rather than an "MC Client."  First, make sure the Client is set up correctly:  http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Library_Server#Access_from_another_PC_on_your_LAN   Next, on your Client PC, under Tools -> Options -> Media Network -> Client Options, make sure Audio, Image, and Video Conversion is set to Don't convert or Original.

Now, this is probably where you are having the issue:  even though you are loading your "Main Library" onto your Client PC, you still need to load your Client PC as the "Choose A Server To Play From" in Gizmo for it to act as a MC Client remote control.  In other words, you should have two Access Keys (or IP addresses) entered into Gizmo; one for your Server and one for your Client.  When you want to control your Client, go into Gizmo Settings -> Mode and switch to your "Client PC Server."  If you just use your "Main Server Server" to play from, it treats your Client as a DMR (thus the transcode). 

I know the terminology can be a little confusing; it's tripped me up before too.

shawns1234

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2014, 04:46:38 pm »

Yes, you can.  From the sounds of it, you are actually using Gizmo to treat your MC Client as a DLNA Renderer, rather than an "MC Client."  First, make sure the Client is set up correctly:  http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Library_Server#Access_from_another_PC_on_your_LAN   Next, on your Client PC, under Tools -> Options -> Media Network -> Client Options, make sure Audio, Image, and Video Conversion is set to Don't convert or Original.

Now, this is probably where you are having the issue:  even though you are loading your "Main Library" onto your Client PC, you still need to load your Client PC as the "Choose A Server To Play From" in Gizmo for it to act as a MC Client remote control.  In other words, you should have two Access Keys (or IP addresses) entered into Gizmo; one for your Server and one for your Client.  When you want to control your Client, go into Gizmo Settings -> Mode and switch to your "Client PC Server."  If you just use your "Main Server Server" to play from, it treats your Client as a DMR (thus the transcode). 

I know the terminology can be a little confusing; it's tripped me up before too.
Awesome. That last point you made is exactly what the issue is. I will fix this tonight. Thank you very much.

shawns1234

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2014, 08:37:45 pm »

That was the issue. Now I can play TrueHD tracks from the gizmo remote. Im loving this software more and more everyday.
Thanks again.
Btw..someone should add this to the instructions because I dont think its obvious and I spent hours researching.
Pages: [1]   Go Up