INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver library server access key no longer working MC 19  (Read 4665 times)

mmiglis

JRiver library server access key no longer working MC 19
« on: January 27, 2014, 11:25:44 am »

JRiver library server access key had been working. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled MC 19. Now, the access key does not work. Thx for the help.

rudyrednose

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: JRiver library server access key no longer working MC 19
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 01:09:03 pm »

I don't bother with the access keys anymore, I use the IP/port of the JR Media Server, that is 192.168.xx.xx:52199.
As my router tries to give back the same IP address to a given MAC address (similar to a formal "DHCP address reservation"), my media server is always at the same IP address.

If your router does not have the same behaviour, look into DHCP address reservation on it, or give your Media Server a static address.

I got fed up by keys ceasing to work for whatever reason ...

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 01:12:11 pm »

I've never had a key stop working myself, but if all you need it for is local access, then IPs work just fine as well, of course.

If you re-installed MC19, you should check that media network is actually still enabled, and the key is still the same.
Additionally, if you run a firewall, reinstalling may have dropped the rule from the firewall config, and you should check if MC is still allowed to accept incoming connections.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 02:17:23 pm »

I've had this and a few other things go wacky lately including dates not sticking in tags and last played field going back to never played.

Anyway, go to tools>options>Media Network.  Redo the top option "Use Media Network to share this library and run DLNA.  Double click and configure Media Network again and it should work.

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 12:38:07 pm »

OK I was just going to post a new topic until I realized that when I searched I had mispelled "access" - haha

This is happening to me right now.  It's very strange:

- "Test connection to this server" indicates that the Library Server is not reachable from the Internet (even though I have port 52199 forwarded tot he right PC)
- Access Key works on LAN
- Access key works from WAN using JRemote & cellular data
- Access key does not work from my mobile USB install plugged into my work laptop (WAN, VPN'd through corporate servers far away)
- IP address WORKS from the same mobile install on the same laptop
- Web access works using the IP Address.  

Any ideas?  I stopped and started the server & reboot the PC already.  I'm running 19.0.108 (which I see is not the latest & greatest... upgrading now.  I'll check back with you.)

Update: no difference with 19.0.114.  The player, while trying to connect to the server, cycles through three IP addresses - one is my LAN IP, the other two are unknown to me.  One is a 10.X.X.X and the other is a 185.X.X.X; my IP is a 174.X.X.X...

Vocalpoint

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 01:55:40 pm »

I don't bother with the access keys anymore, I use the IP/port of the JR Media Server, that is 192.168.xx.xx:52199.

I got fed up by keys ceasing to work for whatever reason ...

+1. Nothing is more frustrating than using those "keys".

I use IP/port on all stations now - and it's been rock solid.

VP

aigenga

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 10:35:31 am »

I for one find this to be unacceptable.  I want to sync a library from the computer on my lan where I load the files and maintain the meta-data to the computer which is my music server.  This should be an easy process but like so many things on JRiver it is obscure and difficult.  I do not know how to deal with the IP address of my various computers and should not have to learn this in order to use this product.  WTF

Gary
Pages: [1]   Go Up