INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A REALLY good idea for Theatre View ....  (Read 2544 times)

spiggytopes

• World Citizen
A REALLY good idea for Theatre View ....
« on: May 02, 2014, 01:50:21 am »

Hi All,

I love the backdrops in Playing Now - I can think of Elvis, The Beatles and Mahler ....

Would it also be possible to play movie or newsreel clips?

For example, when the Beatles landed in the US or Elvis footage?

If the clips could also be linked chronologically to the music the  so much the better .....

Go on, make my day!

spiggytopes

• World Citizen
Re: A REALLY good idea for Theatre View ....
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 12:23:33 am »

Bumpy -- no one else interested?

:(

Bizarroterl

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 09:41:12 am »

I'm subscribed.

connersw

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 09:58:43 am »

The example you gave is not possible due to The Beatles and Elvis being mutually exclusive.  You're either an Elvis man or a Beatle fan, but you can't be both.

Quote from: Quentin Tarantino
“My theory is that when it comes to important subjects, there’s only two ways a person can answer. For example, there’s two kinds of people in the world: Beatles people and Elvis people. Now, Beatles people can like Elvis, and Elvis people can like the Beatles. But nobody likes them both equally. Somewhere, you have to make a choice, and that choice tells me who you are.”

In regards to MC playing video clips in the background of Audio, I could take it or leave it.  Would be a kind of "oh, neat" feature that I would quickly loose interest in.  There is a laundry list of user experience improvements I would rather see first.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 12:11:59 pm »

You're either an Elvis man or a Beatle fan, but you can't be both.

Lol! :D

What about an Elvis fan and a Beatle man?

Anyway, personally I think moving backgrounds are far too distracting. If its made possible, I would vote for it to be a feature that can be turned off.

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 01:10:12 pm »

Anyway, personally I think moving backgrounds are far too distracting. If its made possible, I would vote for it to be a feature that can be turned off.
I think animated backgrounds similar to Sony's old XMB interface would be fine. I would not want video to be playing as a background - and what would the source for this video be?

Definitely not something I would use, especially as I currently have all backgrounds disabled in Theater View. I'm not a fan of the random Google Image results.

Bizarroterl

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 01:37:31 pm »

The example you gave is not possible due to The Beatles and Elvis being mutually exclusive.  You're either an Elvis man or a Beatle fan, but you can't be both.

My understanding is that the Beatles were fans of Elvis and Elvis was a fan of the Beatles.   :o

TCube

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2014, 02:37:05 pm »

So funny,
I never thought Elvis fans and Beatles fans would turn into an infinite loop such as Apple and GCHQ headquarters.
Well, is it a trend or not ?
TC

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2014, 02:54:37 pm »

I'd been meaning to respond on this.

I think Theater View DOES have background video support.  There was something...

It certainly does NOT pull them down automagically from somewhere on the Internets like the automatic image slideshow does (as was pointed out above, where would it get them and how could you control the quality?), but...  I think there is something where you can customize the Theater View skin, or put videos into some magic folders or something, and then it'll use them instead of the automatic slideshow.

Not really what I think the OP was asking for, but I don't know how they'd do that (there's no massive, curated repository of silent background videos organized by artist anywhere -- certainly not a free one that has a nice API that JRiver could use).  But, if you wanted to do something yourself, I think there are some tools available.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Bizarroterl

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2014, 05:19:55 pm »

I'd been meaning to respond on this.

I think Theater View DOES have background video support.  There was something...

It certainly does NOT pull them down automagically from somewhere on the Internets like the automatic image slideshow does (as was pointed out above, where would it get them and how could you control the quality?), but...  I think there is something where you can customize the Theater View skin, or put videos into some magic folders or something, and then it'll use them instead of the automatic slideshow.

Not really what I think the OP was asking for, but I don't know how they'd do that (there's no massive, curated repository of silent background videos organized by artist anywhere -- certainly not a free one that has a nice API that JRiver could use).  But, if you wanted to do something yourself, I think there are some tools available.

I recall something about this quite a while ago.  I searched but couldn't find it again.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Bizarroterl

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2014, 08:50:57 pm »

That's not the thread but it does have the critical info.  The one I'm thinking of had a link to a site where you could download some videos that would work well for a non-obtrusive backdrop.  I even downloaded some and still have them.  I just don't remember where I got them.

Regardless that's a good thread and thanks!

spiggytopes

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2014, 12:37:24 am »

Not much interest then!  :)

Nice replies.

Elvis fan and Beatles man!
Pages: [1]   Go Up