Devices > JRiver Id -- Hardware by JRiver

JRiver Id (the device formerly known as Synapse)

<< < (8/8)

MrC:
The first posting I've seen about Id on the old SlimDevices forums:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?101632-JRiver-Id-New-Media-Player

Hilton:
Hi Bob,

Do you remember this fix for copy/paste?
I know it isn't needed yet with the Id because it's not meant to have other apps running, but you cant do any copy/paste unless this fix is installed.
With this in place I've been able to do proper library management now with copy paste for album art from the web.
----------------
Linux has 3 distinct copy/paste buffer systems.
We are starting with the least complex, the same method xterm uses (cut buffers).
To synchronize the primary and clipboard clipboards you can use a little utility autocutsel.
sudo apt-get install autocutsel
then run the synchronizer commands from a terminal or put them in your X startup scripts.
autocutsel -fork &
autocutsel -selection PRIMARY -fork &

I wish I'd know about this a while ago since I prefer using xterm over the various ones that come with kde, etc.
The problem was the lack of ability to copy / paste between xterm and other apps (at least the way my system is configured).

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=85544.msg584427#msg584427

Hendrik:
We should probably try to make copy/paste work in the Linux version without an external utility like this, put it on the long list of things that need doing.

Hilton:
Bob my Id lost its license key today. Was working after I first did the last upgrade and booted from text to GUI, but going back to txt mode 3 this morning I couldn't connect in the car, and also when I fired it up inside tonight. Switched back to GUI tonight and it said license expired. Booted back to txt and still no go. Have just reset with 77. See how I go.

Hilton:
77 fixed it.

PS. It would be good if you could move the library backups somewhere else and softlink them so they don't get wiped in a reset. Lucky I remembered, and that I can get into the Id to copy the backups before the reset and then put them back!  It also restores all my settings which is a PITA to setup again if you don't have a backup to restore from.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version