INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: loopback. really long premature audio on Netflix  (Read 6170 times)

Vreejack

• Recent member
loopback. really long premature audio on Netflix
« on: May 03, 2014, 11:07:58 pm »

Experimenting with a virtual audio cable (VB-Audio Virtual Cable http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/index.htm) and loopback. On Netflix, the audio seems to precede the video by at least ten seconds. Subtitles show up with the audio, so I am going to say the video is lagged.

Anyone know what is going on?

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: loopback. really long premature audio on Netflix
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 11:15:05 pm »

Experimenting with a virtual audio cable (VB-Audio Virtual Cable http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/index.htm) and loopback. On Netflix, the audio seems to precede the video by at least ten seconds. Subtitles show up with the audio, so I am going to say the video is lagged.

Anyone know what is going on?

I assume you're using JRiver's ASIO line in with the VB ASIO bridge?  As an experiment, you might try using the WASAPI loopback option in JRiver (without the VB application) and see if it works better.  Many of our forum members swear by the ASIO bridge you're using, but I've had very good luck with the WASAPI loopback option as well. 

If WASAPI loopback has the same problem, then you've at least narrowed down the issue to something in JRiver, and not an issue with the ASIO bridge.

Vreejack

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 06:27:37 am »

actually I am using the WASAPI. It's just really weird that the audio is early. By that much time, too. MC should have no impact on what my browser is doing with Silverlight. Well, I am probably doing a half-dozen things wrong but that result was so bizarre I had to ask.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 07:18:20 am »

actually I am using the WASAPI. It's just really weird that the audio is early. By that much time, too. MC should have no impact on what my browser is doing with Silverlight. Well, I am probably doing a half-dozen things wrong but that result was so bizarre I had to ask.

Interesting I've never seen anyone use the ASIO bridge with WASAPI loopback, but that may or may not be causing the problem; if you're using the ASIO bridge, you might want to try using the ASIO line in instead.  Alternatively, I'd suggest trying the WASAPI loopback with a spare actual (as opposed to virtual) audio device (like the motherboard audio device on your computer). 

I've never heard of anyone getting netflix video after audio, and I use loopback for netflix daily with no problem, so I'm guessing it's related to how you set up the loopback, but the above steps should tell you whether it's just a configuration issue or something else.

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 07:59:35 am »

Do you have the problem of audio playing before the video when playing local video files in Media Center?

This would suggest that the delay is being caused on the video side of things, as running audio into Media Center for an external source usually adds audio latency.

Vreejack

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 06:52:44 pm »

It was caused by Silverlight being a fat cow and overtaxing my processor leading to data thrashing and video lag.

Pages: [1]   Go Up