INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver and Youtube  (Read 6498 times)

Omorfo

• Recent member
JRiver and Youtube
« on: January 29, 2014, 01:26:28 pm »

Hi ;

I`m new to this!

Would anyone be so kind and explain to me how I get youtube (flash), to play thru asio, like everything else does ? :)
I can even play video image files thru JRiver media player, and get sound thru asio and my DAC, but Youtube I haven`t got to work...

Thx in advance!!

Ole

Omorfo

• Recent member
Re: JRiver and Youtube
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 02:23:28 pm »

Hi ;

I`m new to this!

Would anyone be so kind and explain to me how I get youtube (flash), to play thru asio, like everything else does ? :)
I can even play video image files thru JRiver media player, and get sound thru asio and my DAC, but Youtube I haven`t got to work...

Thx in advance!!

Ole

Anyone, please..?
JRiver people...?

/O.M.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 02:30:31 pm »

Anyone, please..?
JRiver people...?

/O.M.

Hold down the ctrl key when you click on the youtube video in JRiver.  This should give you a menu: choose "play inside the player" and it should work with the normal audio chain.  

Omorfo

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 02:33:44 pm »

I think it is related to that youtube is not played in "Theater view" or whatever it is called..?
Anyone else had this issue ?

Pleeease help me, anyone :)

Hi ;

I`m new to this!

Thx in advance!!

Ole

Omorfo

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 08:27:49 am »

Hold down the ctrl key when you click on the youtube video in JRiver.  This should give you a menu: choose "play inside the player" and it should work with the normal audio chain.  

Don`t work :(

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 09:23:26 am »

Can you please describe your trouble in more detail?

What are you trying to achieve, and what result do you actually get?  "Don't work" is not very descriptive.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2014, 03:14:36 pm »

What are you trying to achieve, and what result do you actually get?  "Don't work" is not very descriptive.
YouTube has simply loaded the video in the browser rather than giving me the prompt to play or download via Media Center now. It's been like this for at least a month.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2014, 03:30:54 pm »

YouTube has simply loaded the video in the browser rather than giving me the prompt to play or download via Media Center now. It's been like this for at least a month.

Does this happen with all YouTube videos or just some?  I am not seeing this behavior.  In the past I never checked the "Always use this answer..." box, and I almost always get the pop up for selecting actions (except some videos, which I suspected to be some sort of playlists).  Today I checked the box.  It seems to do what it should - always do the same thing.  And clicking a video link while holding down the CTRL key always brings up the dialog.  I have not restarted MC since I have been recording television shows, so I do not know what happens after a restart.  I am puzzled why it would not work the same way for you.

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2014, 03:43:30 pm »

Does this happen with all YouTube videos or just some?
It happens with all YouTube videos that I have tried so far. I have a number of channels added under "Connected Media" and use Standard View with Internet Explorer as the browser engine.

I am not seeing this behavior.  In the past I never checked the "Always use this answer..." box, and I almost always get the pop up for selecting actions (except some videos, which I suspected to be some sort of playlists).  Today I checked the box.  It seems to do what it should - always do the same thing.  And clicking a video link while holding down the CTRL key always brings up the dialog.
I have just tried, and it seems that I do in fact get the prompt if I hold down the CTRL key, but if I simply click on a video link, it opens the video page in the browser - even after I held down CTRL and set my preference to automatically download videos.

Omorfo

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 02:23:45 pm »

Before, when I opened a youtube video, a small "window" popped up, and asked if I wanted to play or download etc.. Now, that windows doesn`t popup anymore, and hence, I get no sound.. ( asio )
And yes, I`ve tried CTRL, 30 times..

Sorry for bad explaination, my english is not that good..:(

Thx for any help in this matter!!

Omorfo

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2014, 02:15:16 pm »

Can anyone help me, please?

connersw

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2014, 02:40:04 pm »

Sorry, I cannot repeat the problem.  Have you tried switching which browser engine MC uses?

Tools -> Options -> Tree & View -> Web Browser.  Any difference between Internet Explorer and Chromium with CTRL held down while you click?

Omorfo

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2014, 10:23:34 am »

Sorry, I cannot repeat the problem.  Have you tried switching which browser engine MC uses?

Tools -> Options -> Tree & View -> Web Browser.  Any difference between Internet Explorer and Chromium with CTRL held down while you click?

Thx, but same result.. no pop up asking me if I want to download or play... It starts playing directly in the browser there.. It`s hard to explain, but before I got a popup asking me if I wanted to dl or play - then it worked thru my asio. Now, it plays thru windows hdmi to my TV, and that is not how I want it. :s

Omorfo

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2014, 10:24:52 am »

I gotta ask are u right clicking or left clicking?

Left, and CTRL does nothing..

This worked fine for me before.. I dunno what happened :((

connersw

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2014, 11:02:57 am »

It starts playing directly in the browser there.

Just to clarify, does it open within the MC window (see attached) or does it open in a new browser window?

You also mentioned: 
I think it is related to that youtube is not played in "Theater view" or whatever it is called..?

How are you accessing YouTube in the first place?

Omorfo

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2014, 03:44:41 pm »

Just to clarify, does it open within the MC window (see attached) or does it open in a new browser window?

You also mentioned: 
How are you accessing YouTube in the first place?

Yes,  it is within the MC window

From the left menu, I chose Video -> Connected Media -> Youtube -> then I search for a video, and click on it..

This has worked fine before...
I have no idea what has changed :(

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2014, 04:46:53 pm »

This has worked fine before...
I have no idea what has changed :(

Unfortunately, it seems to be caused by changes on YouTube server.  Video urls that contain some formats that we do not understand will not be played inside MC player.  Also it seems that each time you click the link, the YouTube server may give you different video url (in particular, when you click the links with or without holding down the CTRL key).

Midas Reference

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2014, 06:12:47 pm »

Unfortunately, it seems to be caused by changes on YouTube server.  Video urls that contain some formats that we do not understand will not be played inside MC player.  Also it seems that each time you click the link, the YouTube server may give you different video url (in particular, when you click the links with or without holding down the CTRL key).
I think all ASIO users, have this problem.
Please help us with an upgrade, that solves this problem.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2014, 06:41:46 pm »

I think all ASIO users, have this problem.
Please help us with an upgrade, that solves this problem.

I use ASIO and don't have this problem.  I get the choice box whenever I hold down CTRL and click, and get the box about 50/50 when I don't hold down CTRL.  It really depends on the video: if I get the box automatically for a video, I get it everytime I click on that video.  

Omorfo

• Recent member
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2014, 04:03:23 pm »

I use ASIO and don't have this problem.  I get the choice box whenever I hold down CTRL and click, and get the box about 50/50 when I don't hold down CTRL.  It really depends on the video: if I get the box automatically for a video, I get it everytime I click on that video.  

Weired...:s

I have no idea how to fix this... ;

I also have Hypex amps, btw  NC400 :)
Together with Exasound e20 DAC = killer combo  =)

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2014, 04:25:58 pm »

Weired...:s

I have no idea how to fix this... ;

I also have Hypex amps, btw  NC400 :)
Together with Exasound e20 DAC = killer combo  =)

Do you have another computer you could test on and see if it works there?  That might help narrow down the issue.  

The NC400's look amazing. A friend of mine is building a pair, and I can't wait to hear them  ;D

Omorfo

• Recent member
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2014, 04:02:11 pm »

Do you have another computer you could test on and see if it works there?  That might help narrow down the issue.  

The NC400's look amazing. A friend of mine is building a pair, and I can't wait to hear them  ;D

Unfortunately, I don`t have any other computer at hand here now...

Can anyone else please confirm confirm if it`s working for them ?

- Yeah; the NC400 looks and not least SOUND amaaaazing =D
  I can only recommend ;-D

audunth

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2014, 05:18:32 pm »

Sooo, I finally got YouTube playback to work again with the CTRL dialog box and in Theater View as well. And my choice to play inside the player is remembered too.

What I did was run CCleaner to clean the cache, cookies etc. in Internet Explorer and Chrome, and then it worked again in MC. Currently I have IE selected as browser engine and I'm not logged into YouTube (don't know if it matters).

Seems there was some cookie or something that messed with the YouTube links so they didn't work in MC.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

Claude Lapalme

• World Citizen
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2014, 05:56:17 pm »

Worked for me too. Thanks for the tip!!

Omorfo

• Recent member
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2014, 09:46:45 am »

Sooo, I finally got YouTube playback to work again with the CTRL dialog box and in Theater View as well. And my choice to play inside the player is remembered too.

What I did was run CCleaner to clean the cache, cookies etc. in Internet Explorer and Chrome, and then it worked again in MC. Currently I have IE selected as browser engine and I'm not logged into YouTube (don't know if it matters).

Seems there was some cookie or something that messed with the YouTube links so they didn't work in MC.

YEEEEEEEESSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Finally!!!!!   HOOOORAY =D =D =D

IT Wooooooorks !!!!!!!!!!!

Thank You
Thank You
Thank You!!!!

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2014, 10:41:15 am »

Unfortunately I have IE clear all data whenever it quits, so it's not a bad cookie causing the problem here.

audunth

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2014, 04:55:41 am »

I've noticed that once I log on to YouTube, the dialog box stop appearing, and the videos just play in the webpage. Logging off again doesn't help, but once I clear the IE data it works again. If there is a cookie or some other data that gets stored I don't know, but it's, at least in my case, the logging on that breaks the playback through MC. I hope this can be fixed so MC can once again play YouTube videos when logged on.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

Omorfo

• Recent member
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2014, 08:29:41 am »

I've noticed that once I log on to YouTube, the dialog box stop appearing, and the videos just play in the webpage. Logging off again doesn't help, but once I clear the IE data it works again. If there is a cookie or some other data that gets stored I don't know, but it's, at least in my case, the logging on that breaks the playback through MC. I hope this can be fixed so MC can once again play YouTube videos when logged on.

Same here - It`s quite a struggle, actually... Logging out of youtube and deleting cookies every time... :p
Pages: [1]   Go Up