INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony Bravia "Playback not available"  (Read 2538 times)

w_axlrose1

• Junior Woodchuck
Sony Bravia "Playback not available"
« on: February 17, 2016, 08:29:56 am »

So for a while now I have been seeing sporadic instances of the "Playback not available" message on a Sony Bravia KDL-32W706B TV when I attempt to play videos over DLNA. It doesn't happen every time but usually manifests itself before the video even starts playing. I had tried all sorts of settings in the JRiver DLNA configuration options and all had been to no avail. I then set up a duplicate server on another machine, copied all of the settings and found that the problem appeared to go away. This got me thinking that it may have been server hardware specific.

Anyway the only major difference between them appeared to be the LAN speeed. The TV only has provision for 100Mb/s connection yet the problematic server was linked to a switch at 1Gb/s. After forcibly lowering the LAN speed on the server to 100Mb/s FDx the problem appears to have resolved.

It's only been a few days so far but I haven't seen the problem since even after trying a variety of formats and previously problematic videos. I'll give it a while longer and then try switching the speed back and see if the issue comes back.

Just thought I would post this in case it helps anybody else who might be experiencing similar problems.

w_axlrose1

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Sony Bravia "Playback not available"
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 10:37:51 am »

Furthering my original post I think I may have made some more progress...

Switching the Ethernet uplink speed back to 1Gb/s made the problem appear immediately so I decided to fiddle around with some of the adapter properties. The particular Ethernet card that I have is an Intel 82567LF-2 (as Windows 10 recognises it). Previous OSes seem to refer to it as 825xx. Anyway that aside, I went into the connection properties, clicked on the Advanced tab and changed the Flow Control from the default of Rx & Tx Enabled to Disabled and it now appears to be working whilst maintaining a 1Gb/s connection speed.

I'll keep an eye on it over the next few days and report back with any findings (although more than likely if I don't report back then the problem has been resolved).

Hope this helps somebody who might be having similar issues.

w_axlrose1

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Sony Bravia "Playback not available"
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 02:00:32 pm »

Okay, so meddling around with the flow control didn't fix the problem. It seems to be data rate related as my previous switch to 100Mbps FDx caused a duplex mismatch which had the effect of throttling the data rate to around 300Kbps and kind of ironically got it working. However when set to Auto Negotiate 100Mbps it started throwing the error again.

I have since been in contact with Sony regarding this issue so will report back any further developments.
Pages: [1]   Go Up