INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding a new library  (Read 1139 times)

Sakko

Adding a new library
« on: May 12, 2014, 01:13:20 pm »

Hello, just downloaded the trial MC19 for windows and have hit a problem  :o
I am on a 30 day trial and was drawn to the software for the hifi abilities of the software.
I have my music which is mainly FLAC with some mp3's and stored on an external drive all 500gig.
I have 1 top level folder called music and in it several folders like lossless , new lossless , lossy and others.
When I set up the software the external drive was scanned and 'main library' created.
My problem is I have worked through the wikki and cant create a new library that contains say my lossless files only.
Tried several times and cant load the lossless folder only as a library.
Help would be greatly appreciated.
Best Regards
Dave

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Adding a new library
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 01:22:13 pm »

Hi Dave, and welcome.

I wouldn't bother trying to manage multiple libraries.  Instead, just change the views to either show only the file types you want, or better to present the different types in a way that you can select the one you want (depending upon how you want to browse and work with your music).

If you truly don't want to import your lossy files, then configure Auto-Import (Tools > Import > Configure Auto-Import) and remove any paths that point to lossy stuff (presuming your stuff is organized that way).  Or, select a path there, and Edit, and disable certain file types you don't want imported.  Once Auto-Import is configured, you can go to the Audio > Files view, select from the top-right pane all the lossy file types, and then in the file list below, select all the files and hit Delete (leave selected the first option in the dialog that will appear).

If you do want your lossy items in the Library, then its easy enough to modify or construct a view to either allow selection of types, or to show only certain types.  Maybe you can comment on the method you'd prefer.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Sakko

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 02:03:07 pm »

Thanks for the quick reply MrC,
I will have a go with the suggested methods and come back and let you know my preference.
Best Regards
Dave

Vincent Kars

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 03:42:31 pm »

I agree with Mr C.
It is far more convenient to have 1 library with different views than to have different libraries.
The trick is using the Set Rules For File Display

Not to nag you but listening to music is more exiting than listening to file formats :)

Success
Pages: [1]   Go Up