INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How To Differentiate Between Movie Original & Remake  (Read 1399 times)

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
How To Differentiate Between Movie Original & Remake
« on: May 10, 2014, 01:02:13 pm »

I've had a couple of instances lately where I have ripped a DVD of an original movie but when imported the data is retrieved for a later remake of the movie that has the same name.

The movies in question are:

The Pink Panther (original with Peter Sellers) which imported the data for the remake with Steve Martin.
The Wicker Man (original with Edward Woodward) which imported the data for the remake with Nicholas Cage.

Is there any way to name the film so that the importer will automatically identify it as the correct version of the film. At the moment I have to manually 'Get Movie & TV Info' and select the correct data.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How To Differentiate Between Movie Original & Remake
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 01:12:27 pm »

If two movies share the same name, it can't really know which one to pick.
We may try to use the year as an additional reference point in the future, but that of course only works if its already set.

For the time being, I would simply recommend to do it manually. You can't have that many of those cases, can you?
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 02:00:38 pm »

If two movies share the same name, it can't really know which one to pick.
We may try to use the year as an additional reference point in the future, but that of course only works if its already set.

For the time being, I would simply recommend to do it manually. You can't have that many of those cases, can you?
No, it doesn't happen very often so it's not a problem. It was just that it happened yesterday so I thought I'd ask the question.

Thanks for the answer anyway.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 08:45:03 pm »

You could manually enter the year of production in the MC field [Year] but if "Get Movie & TV Info" picks up the wrong data it will over-write the year entry. For movies, I like to review the scraped data as a matter of course because of the various data sources and images that can be on offer. Sometimes I mix and match images and descriptions based on personal taste. For TV shows the options are cut down, so doing a bulk meta-data import is not really a problem.

At least once you've got the correct meta-data associated with the relevant movie file, then MC will catalogue and sort it by date to suit.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT
Pages: [1]   Go Up