INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems ripping  (Read 1564 times)

raphudson

Problems ripping
« on: April 25, 2014, 08:34:49 pm »

I have an older Alesis Digital Rcorder that is capable of making 24/96 high resolution files and burning them on to a CD.
These are AIff files and my understanding is that JRiver 19 can handle this file format.   At this point...no luck in having that
happen.   When I attempt to rip one of these AIff high resolution CD's, JRiver does not recognize that there are any files
on the CD.

The question is, if it is possible, how to set up JRiver so this type of rip can take place.

Much appreciate your help on this matter...

Rich...Maui

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problems ripping
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 08:51:13 pm »

Okay, I'm no expert but...

You created these CDs yourself?
The CDs just contain AIFF files on them with no particular structure?

Them why would you need to rip the CD? Just copy the files off the CD into an appropriate directory, and MC will import then if auto import is turned on, then you can play them.
CD ripping is used when a Cd is in normal CD format, rather than just data files on the CD.

Or am I totally missing the point here?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

raphudson

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 11:18:25 pm »

Well...thanks very much for your reply.   It is probably myself that is missing the point.   See I mainly use my P.C. as a music server.   So it would be nice to have my high resolution CD's listed in JRiver along
with all my redbook CD's in the audio section of this software.   Ideally, I would just click on the high definition album that I have made on a professional DAC recorder and it would play these albums back
in the 24/96 high resolution format.   Now the question is ...does JRiver have this capability?  Can it rip high resolution CD's right into its media center?

Now what I hear you say is to copy all my high resolution CD' into an independent desktop folder, make sure auto import is turned on in JRiver, and I assume that somewhere in JRiver, I can click on import and
I will have the capability to choose the folder and individual files I want JRiver to play, then these files will be imported into this software and lastly, all I have to do is is click on these files within the
audio section of JRiver, and it will play back these files in there native high definition format.   Am I understanding you correctly? 

Lastly you seem pretty knowledgeable to me so perhaps you would also know where I could find general specific information on how JRiver's handles high definition files in gerneral.   I mean...I assume that one can
download high definition albums off the internet right into JRiver.   Well, where do these files go and how does one access them within JRiver?     

Again...thanks for taking the time to give me some help with this.  It is much appreciated.

Rich

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 02:00:53 am »

The CD's you have created are being used purely for data storage, they are not music CD's (unless I'm missing something).
So the CD's do not require ripping, you just need to copy the AIFF files off the CD and put them in the music import folder. To set up the music import folder in MC goto 'Options --> Library & Folders' and select 'Configure auto-import'. Here you will see the defualt music import folder but you can remove this and create your own folder. If you click 'Add' you will go to the folder settings page where you can browse to a folder where you want to store your music library. Tell it what file types will be in this folder, in this case tick the 'Audio' box.

Once you have your music import folder set up just copy your AIFF files into this folder using a child folder structure of '//Artist/Album/filename.aiff' and then let MC do the rest. The files will automaically be imported into the MC library and will appear under the Audio list on the left in standard view.

You don't have to do anything special in MC because they are high resolution files. MC will just play them at whatever resolution they happen to be. You have the option of resampling files to suit the output equipment capabilities if you want but this is all turned off by default.

Take a look at this Wiki entry regarding import http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Import

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 03:40:03 am »

^

Or alternatively in the MC menu, select File ¦ Library ¦ Import ¦ Import a single folder ¦ Next ¦ Browse to your CD drive ¦ Enter ¦ Finish

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm
Pages: [1]   Go Up