INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 19.0.147 -- Available here  (Read 7621 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 19.0.147 -- Available here
« on: June 27, 2014, 09:43:53 am »

This is the latest version of MC19.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v19/latest/MediaCenter190147.exe

19.0.147 (6/27/2014)

1. Changed: Skinning supports over-sized checkbox controls.
2. Fixed: The size of the thumbnail size slider would be one pixel different between the top and bottom lists.
3. NEW: Rewrote the Theater View > Shoutcast implementation using an official API key.
4. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks Regis!).
5. Changed: AVerMedia HD Capture video capture device will use Red October Standard/HQ/Custom selection of video renderer, instead of Windows default renderer.
6. Changed: Red October Standard/HQ/Custom selection of video renderer will be used with Video capture devices with hardware compression in non-timeshifting mode (it has already been done previously for timeshifting mode).
7. NEW: Added MCWS/v1/DSP/Set function for turning a DSP on or off.

19.0.146 (6/25/2014)

1. Changed: Improved WPL exporting.
2. Changed: When all tracks from an album have multiple artists but all the tracks have the same list the first artist will be used for Album Artist (auto) instead of (Multiple Artists).
3. Fixed: Television recording option text "Keep recording after the program ends (use negative value to stop early) by:" was too long to fit in window if larger font was used.
4. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).

19.0.145 (6/23/2014)

1. Changed: Season is enabled for audio.
2. Changed: Added support for MPGV files.
3. Changed: Tracks with multiple artists will use (Multiple Artists) for Album Artist Auto.
4. Changed: On edit television channel list window, added a "Save Channel Order" button.  Channel ordering will not automatically be saved if a user only clicks the channel header.  If the user uses Move Up/Down to change ordering, a confirmation dialog will be displayed upon leaving such mode.
5. Changed: When removing the playing file from Playing Now the next file will start playing.
6. Changed: The field "Involved People" maps to the ID3v2 tag IPLS.
7. Fixed: Seeking in Gizmo was not working in 19.0.144.

19.0.144 (6/20/2014)

1. Changed: Sample rate conversion can specify different values for 352,800 and 384,000 input sample rates.
2. Changed: MCWS/v1/File/CreateParticle returns created keys as a Keys parameter.
3. Fixed: DVD Title Playback offers all audio streams, instead of only one.
4. Faster: Converting audio to 64-bit for internal processing is up to 50% faster.
5. Fixed: Parsing of some JSON formatted web results was incorrect, especially arrays of data.  Could affect results from Youtube, Facebook, TheMovieDB, Rotten Tomatoes and others.
6. Changed: Reworded "Start recording early by:" to remind users that they can use negative values to delay starting of recording a television show.
7. Changed: Merged DVBC frequency tables Switzerland.cablecom.xml and Switzerland.UPC Cablecom.xml
8. Changed: DLNA sends alive messages when it resumes from standby.

19.0.143 (6/18/2014)

1. NEW: Added MCWS/v1/File/CreateParticle to create particles from a file.
2. NEW: Gizmo honors playback range when playing a video.
3. Fixed: Graph-building problem with Hauppauge Colossus.
4. Fixed: In certain cases while ripping multiple discs, a newly inserted audio CD would not be seen by Media Center.

19.0.142 (6/16/2014)

1. Optimized: MC uses significantly less CPU power when using CableCARD tuners (HDHomerun Prime, Ceton InfiniTV etc.).
2. Fixed: Skinning didn't support an oversized SplitViewTab::Close button.
3. Changed: Updated Switzerland cablecom DVBC frequency table, thanks rudolffischer!
4. Fixed: Blu-ray discs with extremely long clips could not be imported in all cases.
5. Fixed: Theater view list lineup thumbnails no longer have pixelated edges.

19.0.141 (6/13/2014)

1. NEW: Media Center can be run with a -NoImport command line switch to disable importing.
2. Fixed: When Chromium was the web engine, double-click and right-click on Track Info pages didn't work.
3. NEW: Added MCC 28036 to set the audio / vidoe lip sync correction (the parameter is an amount of shift to apply to the current settings).
4. Fixed: Ripping or playing mixed mode (data/audio) CD's was broken.

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

rlebrette

Re: Media Center 19.0.147 -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 11:09:27 am »

The french translation I've sent seems broken, has something changed in the file encoding of translation file?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 11:11:43 am »

The french translation I've sent seems broken, has something changed in the file encoding of translation file?

I'm not sure.  Could you send it again?  I'm matt at jriver dot com.

rlebrette

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 11:12:17 am »

It seems that when I've created the zip the encoding changed from utf-8/BOM to unicode/BOM.

stewart_pk

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 01:51:27 am »

Thanks you for SHOUTCAST!

Antoine

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 02:06:08 am »

Hi

I have a problem with the new version 19.0.147. The french traduction doesn't work for me. When I launch JRiver MediaCenter, it stay in English  :(. No problem with the version 19.0.146.

Eric05

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2014, 03:10:38 am »

Cool ! But updated french looks very much like english ! Even if I set language (Tools > Language) on french, it remains in english!

Thank you for your help

Antoine

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2014, 05:44:01 am »

Eric05

Good resume of my problem  :D

Arbiter

• World Citizen
  • In love with music.
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2014, 03:39:08 pm »

Moving video files with external subtitles using "Rename,Move & Copy", is partially broken in the last few builds. The subtitle file fails to move over if it isn't exactly the same as the movie's filename (eg has a country prefix at the end like subtitlename.eng.srt).

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2014, 04:29:55 pm »

It seems that when I've created the zip the encoding changed from utf-8/BOM to unicode/BOM.

The natives are getting restless.  Please send the translation.

Eric05

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2014, 03:13:14 am »

Well, no problem for us Matt, as everybody knows, french people are fluently bilingual  ;)

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2014, 08:16:21 pm »

I've reported this before....

Sometimes, and I can't find a cause and effect... when a track ends and switches to the next track, MC takes focus and becomes the top window.  It just happened and I could totally reproduce it over and over again.  Then I closed MC and restarted, and MC works normally and does not steal focus on a track change.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2014, 04:15:59 am »

Trying to Copy a large amount of files, almost 3TB, fails. Folders are all written but no files are copied.

rlebrette

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2014, 04:28:59 am »

Well, no problem for us Matt, as everybody knows, french people are fluently bilingual  ;)

That's why they all claim for fixing the translation ;)
I just have sent an updated file with an encoding that works, I don't know what have changed but I've changed nothing in the process and now the resulting file is failing... I've to understand, but for now I've explicitly applied the right encoding.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2014, 07:47:33 am »

I just have sent an updated file with an encoding that works, I don't know what have changed but I've changed nothing in the process and now the resulting file is failing... I've to understand, but for now I've explicitly applied the right encoding.

I didn't get it.  I'm matt at jriver dot com.  Thanks.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2014, 08:13:27 am »

View Scheme using Disk Location is showing folders that were moved earlier in the day. Even after restarting MC. Also, there are missing folders from the disk.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2014, 08:18:27 am »

No worries, I corrected the encoding of the file we do have.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

rlebrette

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2014, 10:27:09 am »

Did you finally get my mails? I've sent it twice... with the same address I always use.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2014, 10:58:53 am »

Did you finally get my mails? I've sent it twice... with the same address I always use.

Yes.  Thank you.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2014, 11:00:29 am »

View Scheme using Disk Location is showing folders that were moved earlier in the day. Even after restarting MC. Also, there are missing folders from the disk.

The view scheme uses the copy of the filename that's in the library.  Run auto-import if there are external changes.

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2014, 12:33:13 pm »

Hi Matt,

nice to have you here in the board again. Hope all is good now for you.

Any chance that you could fix this little problem, bevor developing MC 19 comes to an end?

Is it possible to change the automatic zone switching behaviour when switching between Theater View <--> Standard View (Playing Now)
like it was some time ago.

Problem here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=89422.msg614743#msg614743

Now that you're here again, you did solve the problem described in the link above. But now switching from theater view to standard view reverts zone back to the zone it was on MC startup.
Because of this behaviour i sometimes wiped out my playlist from this zone.

Someone here in the board said that this is the normal behaviour of mc when switching Theater View <--> Standard View.
But i can't believe this, because before fixing the 'zone switching focus bug' MC didn't do this.

And i have MC 17 installed on the same system. And it doesn't change zone when switching Theater View to Standard View (Playing now active in Standard View).

Lian Li PC-C60B HTPC Case
(Soundgraph Imon Display + Remote Control)
Asus M4A87TD/USB3 + 8GB DDR3
AMD Athlon II X4 605e 4x2,3Ghz (45W TDP)
Onkyo TX-NR906
Teufel System 5 THX Select 2

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2014, 12:51:50 pm »

Any chance that you could fix this little problem, bevor developing MC 19 comes to an end?

Is it possible to change the automatic zone switching behaviour when switching between Theater View <--> Standard View (Playing Now)
like it was some time ago.

I think it's behaving as it should.  Standard View's Playing Now switches the zone.

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2014, 04:17:11 pm »

Just played a little with MC 17 and it doesn't change zone when switching to standard view (playing now). (Same machine)

So it can't be that this behaviour is normal since MC 16,17,18,......as someone on the board also said.
And i really don't see a good reason why that should be so.
Example:
Played a playlist in zone B (Changed in Theater View).
Startup Zone was A.
Then i switched to standard view, because i wanted to tag some files.
When i completed tagging i wanted to play a new playlist in Zone B.
But i didn't notice that MC changed Zone when switching to standard view.
So i wiped out my playlist in Zone A, which was 'handmade'  >:(  (I know that MC makes backups from playlists  :) )

And another point is, if this is really a normal behaviour of MC:
It is not logical for me, that if you select music, video or something else in standard view, and then change zone in theater view
and switch back to standard view-> MC doesn't change zone
This only happens if playing now is selected in standard view, which reminds me on the 'zone switching focus bug' earlier.
This problem only happened if playing now was active in standard view.
And if remember correctly, this new 'problem' was there after you fixed the focus bug.

Please take a look at this. I often have to switch (if i remember this behaviour) zone back after tagging files.
Onkyo TX-NR906

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2014, 04:28:14 pm »

Just played a little with MC 17 and it doesn't change zone when switching to standard view (playing now). (Same machine)

Version 19 adds per-zone Playing Now views and picking one sets that Playing Now to the active zone.

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2014, 04:43:26 pm »

Can you please describe this feature more detailed. Didn't find it in New Features of MC 19 Thread.
Can deactivate this behaviour somewhere in MC settings?
Onkyo TX-NR906

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2014, 04:50:01 pm »

Can you please describe this feature more detailed. Didn't find it in New Features of MC 19 Thread.
Can deactivate this behaviour somewhere in MC settings?

What feature?

Belarathon

• World Citizen
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2014, 11:17:22 am »

7. NEW: Added MCWS/v1/DSP/Set function for turning a DSP on or off.

Changes don't take effect until there's been some sort of window state change...minimizing, maximizing, etc.  You can open the DSP and verify that it's been toggled/untoggled, but no change in sound until a window change.

Unless I'm doing something wrong.
JRiver Media Center 27 → Topping E30 → Luxkit z501 or Sherwood S5000 → A/D/S L810

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2014, 12:10:48 pm »

Version 19 adds per-zone Playing Now views and picking one sets that Playing Now to the active zone.
More detail on "the active zone" would be helpful.

One problem I have (not related to the pause problem) is that if I open a video in MC19 using Windows Explorer without importing (because I am never going to watch it again, eg today's news), and Zone Switch changes the active zone to Video, then when I press "Stop", the active zone reverts to the previous one (Stereo) and then when I press "Play" it plays the last audio file played, instead of restarting the video.

So, some way to get the active zone to "stick" and not go back to the previous one, would be a help.

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2014, 01:46:34 pm »

+1

Or at least to activate or deactivate this behaviour would be nice.
Onkyo TX-NR906

jwsadauskas

• Recent member
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2014, 08:14:31 pm »

Mine is still doing this:

Fixed: In certain cases while ripping multiple discs, a newly inserted audio CD would not be seen by Media Center.

Behavior when inserting a disk to rip is inconsistent.  I have initial dialog box checked for "Always Ask".  It usually asks and when I hit Rip it analyzes the disk and starts ripping.  Sometimes it pauses on the Ripping Details view and I hit "Rip Disk" and it carries on.  Sometimes, after a variable number of disks it pauses on the   Ripping Details view and complains that there is no disk. When this happens, removing and reinserting the disk is no help.  Sometimes, waiting a looooong time (When I came back to it in the morning!) will heal it up.  Usually I have to exit MC and restart and all is well.

jnahman

• Recent member
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2014, 10:49:52 pm »

I am having the same problem. After ripping a couple of disks, I inserted a new disk and the screen says there is no disk present. The double click function does not appear to do anything. Using update from online db does not cause a reread and hitting rip does not cause it to rip or reread. Closing the program and reopening does permit it to read the disk and rip it. Windows 7 64bit Asus laptop.

JohnT

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2014, 09:54:30 am »

Mine is still doing this:
Fixed: In certain cases while ripping multiple discs, a newly inserted audio CD would not be seen by Media Center.
I am having the same problem...
Please send me a log file following the error.  Thanks.

I'm johnt at jriver dot com.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2014, 10:55:52 am »

Changes don't take effect until there's been some sort of window state change...minimizing, maximizing, etc.  You can open the DSP and verify that it's been toggled/untoggled, but no change in sound until a window change.

This will be fixed next build:
Fixed: MCWS/v1/DSP/Set changes didn't take effect until a dialog was shown (now changes take effect right away).

Belarathon

• World Citizen
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2014, 03:51:39 pm »

This will be fixed next build:
Fixed: MCWS/v1/DSP/Set changes didn't take effect until a dialog was shown (now changes take effect right away).

Excellent!
JRiver Media Center 27 → Topping E30 → Luxkit z501 or Sherwood S5000 → A/D/S L810
Pages: [1]   Go Up