INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recorded TV scraping  (Read 1642 times)

codpiece

• Junior Woodchuck
Recorded TV scraping
« on: January 01, 2014, 06:41:41 pm »

Is there any way for recorded TV to include Season and Episode so that we can get proper thumbnails and metadata from the scraper automatically without needing to run a renaming program?  Or is Season and Episode data not available in the Guide we get?

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Recorded TV scraping
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 05:06:57 am »

Is there any way for recorded TV to include Season and Episode so that we can get proper thumbnails and metadata from the scraper automatically without needing to run a renaming program?  Or is Season and Episode data not available in the Guide we get?

I'd say it depends on your local situation and the quality of the data in the EPG that you source.

For me here in Oz, the EPG data invariably doesn't line up with http://thetvdb.com

If I'm lucky, the title of the show does but sometimes it's littered with stray data that MC has trouble processing. Also, the EPG doesn't broadcast a meaningful episode title but does provide a synopsis. I do a manual fix by using the following approach:
1. In Standard View via the left panel Tree, navigate to Video > Shows > [Show of Interest]
2. If [Show of Interest] <> [theTVdb.com Show Name], double click on the Series Graphic to bring up the file or files in that group and proceed to 3, else go to 5
3. Select the file / files and the bring up the Tag editor
4. Change the Tag Field "Series" to match [theTVdb.com Show Name] exactly
5. Review the OTA EPG synopsis against the available data from theTVdb.com and work out the matching Season and Episode numbers.
6. From 5, transfer the relevant data into the corresponding Tag Fields.
7. Run Get Movie & TV Info

I only bother with this for shows that I plan to keep. For routine, trash viewing I don't bother. If you have better EPG info, then lucky you..  ;D
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

codpiece

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Recorded TV scraping
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 04:02:23 pm »

...bump

It seems to me the easiest solution would be to relax the stipulation that you need season & episode in order for "Get Movie & TV info" to work. 

All you really need is series name and episode title (which is already there in the recorded file) for the scraper to figure it out and populate the rest of the fields and grab the proper thumbnail.

Please consider.
Pages: [1]   Go Up