INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ 8.0.207 Beta Available...  (Read 9344 times)

chasey

Mouseover
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2002, 06:49:09 am »

When I mouseover the Shuffle button in the Player (left bottom corner)... MJ crashes with a GPF...

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
RE:MJ 8.0.207 Beta Available...
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2002, 06:52:53 am »

chasey

i had the same problem, must have been somethiing in the build

i had to uninstall mj, delete the mj folder reinstall works fine now
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Xstatic

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2002, 10:51:06 am »

When renaming custom 1-3 fields in settings, their changed names do not appear in Track info, but remain to be
Custom 1, 2 & 3

tullio

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2002, 12:12:20 pm »

I just tried this at the eMusic site, and it worked like a charm.  Thanks.  However, some way to monitor download progress would be nice.  Freeamp uses a series of progress bars, but a simple symbolic indicator, like the speaker that shows which track is playing, would be sufficient.  Or even a running total in the status bar at the bottom of the screen.

Granted that I'm not a heavy user, mostly playing, ripping, and organizing, still I use MJ just about every day and have never had a crash or any other problem.  I download and install the new beta every third day.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2002, 03:20:22 pm »

ZRocker> I'm not sure that's an MJ bug. I've seen that happen on a lot of systems running all sorts for version of Windows. And none of these machines have EVER had MJ installed on them. And it happens on a variety of different applications, including MS Word, IE, and just plain old Windows Explorer.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2002, 03:21:30 pm »

Ever since turning Track Info into a Visualization plugin, Track Info's no longer display scroll bars when they need to.

cjdshaw

« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2002, 03:57:46 pm »

I wa playing with the Vis Studio, when it crashed abruptly. Ran MJ again and tried to go to Vis Studio but it wouldn't appear. I had a look at my registry and "Vis Studio Top" had been set to 32767. Deleted the key and all was back to normal, but a it's bit naughty that the res entries can get this corrupted.

Also, make a vis full screen, bring up Vis Studio and try to edit an equation (Friendly mode off, of course). When you click on the entry, the top and bottom status bars appear, and you can edit the field, but as soon as they disappear, focus gets lost. You have to keep clicking on the entry and making quick changes.

dragyn

« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2002, 04:04:17 pm »

LastPlayed isn't working properly. If I show songs that have been played within 10mins (lastplayed=<=600) it show files that have been played since I reset Recently Played. I haven't played a song in the last hour and still shows songs.

cjdshaw

« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2002, 04:22:23 pm »

I though MJ wasn't responding to Alt-Space by bringing up its Restore/Move/Size/Min/Max/Close menu. Then I noticed it doesn't have one, even if you click on the icon in the top left. Isn't this against Windows GUI rules or is it some XP thing that's being shoved onto the rest of us?

W2K and proud

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2002, 04:57:38 pm »

It's neither of those things.

That's under XP.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2002, 07:50:33 pm »

I forget... what was the reason that we couldn't include Top Hits and Recently Played in smartlist rules/searches?

Because that would be REALLY handy with I'm trying to do right now...

Meshugene

« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2002, 05:21:56 am »

In versions since 8.0.203 there is a long hesitation before opening the property sheet. And, if too many are opened at once, crash.

scub

« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2002, 05:42:55 am »

>>In versions since 8.0.203 there is a long hesitation before opening the property sheet. And, if too many are opened at once, crash.

confirmed, I have the same problem.

Bryan

« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2002, 06:22:30 am »

I like this request from ZRocker..   I had been meaning to ask about this myself..  Since clicking on the tray icon restores MJ, it should minimize it as well when it's open.

"REQUEST:
Make the tray icon also minimize MJ to the tray when left-clicked and MJ is currently restored/maximized and the active application. If MJ is not the active application, it should do what it does now...make itself active. I know I can click on the taskbar icon to minimize MJ, but I'd like to just have to remember to click on the MJ's tray icon to do everything (minimize and restore)...like some other cool apps support (no brainer, in my opinion). Right now, if MJ is the active application and you click on its tray icon, it's a wasted click...MJ just refreshes itself...I'd like to see it minimize itself (to the tray, if configured so). "

Udo_1

« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2002, 06:24:45 am »

>>>In versions since 8.0.203 there is a long hesitation before opening the property sheet. And, if too many are opened at once, crash.

I have some questions regarding this topic, since I just opened 1100 files in the property sheet:

1. Did the crash occured during opening or during updating those files?
2. Did you record all those files using MJxx?

Reason for this is: before I've started using MJ, I recorded mostly all my files with Real Jukebox. I can change or edit all files, which were recorded using MJ, but I'll get a crash, if I try to edit RealJukebox files. (Mentioned earlier in this thread).

Udo

Xstatic

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2002, 06:42:54 am »

* While playing a song, and being in track info mode, neotropic - right click, select options, select enlarge menus.
MJ keeps playing, but locks up. Won't react to either mouse or keyboard - only to a ctrl-alt-del

* When playing around with the different track info templates, right clicking in general, makes MJ lock up the above way.

* Some of the track info templates make the cover art too large to fit in window if one wants to see a bit of the playlist. This depends on the original size of the cover art file.
Maybe a functionality in settings or whatever could make it possible for the user to decide how big that cover art should be in track info?

SeanC

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2002, 06:54:33 am »

I just discovered the awesome Find Artist function that links to Allmusic.com.  However, this seems only to work for the currently playing song.  I would love to be able to look up the currently selected artist/album in my library.

Could we add:
o In library, a context menu option to 'Find Artist' or 'Locate file->Find Artist'
o A toolbar button for find artist (even tho this would be the now playing artist, rather than the artist selected in the library view).

jimmy

« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2002, 07:03:41 am »

SeanC Said: "Could you add: In library, a context menu option to 'Find Artist' or 'Locate file->Find Artist'"

Agree!

SeanC

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2002, 07:25:33 am »

When deleting a file from the library (and on disk), could MJ show me which playlists the song is currently in?  It's important that I not mess up my playlists, and need a reminder not to delete songs that are 'in use'.

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2002, 07:48:56 am »

When exiting MJ and start it again, It doesn't remember wich song was last played.
It goes back to the first song in the list
Version 8 build 207
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

dwex

• World Citizen
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2002, 08:32:51 am »

In Mini-Me mode:

1) When player is stopped, the REMAINING_TIME TrackInfo keyword shows "Live", not the total time for the track.
2) When you stop the player, the position doesn't return to time 0:00. It should, since that's what happens when you press Play from Stop. The position acts like you hit Pause not Stop.

--dwex

cjdshaw

« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2002, 09:29:31 am »

Doof: Ah, after more experimenting, I've found you can get that menu by right clicking on the title bar. However you can't get it by left clicking on the top-left icon, or pressing Alt-Space, unlike every other Windows application. So I was half right Next Page

Quisp

« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2002, 10:00:29 am »

This didn't work for me. Just got a select files to play dialog. When I opened downloaded list the files just began to play. Would prefer something similar to the way RealOne and FreeAmp handle this.

Thanks for begining to add this feature though. I'm a heavy user of emusic and download entire albums many times per day.

dwex

• World Citizen
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2002, 12:03:51 pm »

Reposting from report against 199. Still broken in 207...

> 1. Fixed: Multimedia keys should work better.
Still broken, same as 198. I also updated my keyboard driver from Windows Update.

Reiterating my report...

Multimedia keys work fine when MJ has focus.

When MJ does not have focus:
- Play/pause button "blips" playback when MJ is playing, and starts Windows Media Player
- Stop button causes MJ to GPF
- Prev/Next track buttons work fine.

Microsoft Internet Keyboard Professional, USB, driver 2.0.300.0.

Media Jukebox 8.0.199

CPU: Intel Pentium III 750 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 151 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.000

SeanC

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2002, 02:32:43 pm »

When I Check for Updates, it says Monkey's Audio Encoder (new version) is available.  However, when I download and install it, it's still there next time I check for updates.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2002, 03:11:23 pm »

cjdshaw> Left click shows me that menu. As does Alt-Space.

If you're getting from a right click, that's just because a right click anywhere on a window's Title Bar will show you that menu. Try it right in the middle.

If you're not getting that menu from a left click or Alt-Space, then there's either something wrong with MJ8 under 2000, or there's something wrong with your PC.

markctpr

« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2002, 03:15:41 pm »

After you rip a CD with multiple artists, MJ8-207 tries to download the cover art once for each distinct artist.  I love that you are able to retrieve separate artist names but I can't imagine this is correct.

Per|PLS|Johnsson

« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2002, 03:00:19 am »

Hello.

I just installed the new beta version. And now I can't start the M.J. !?!
I only get the message:
"We are sorry, but your 30 day trial period has expired".
I have Win 2000 on my machine.
What to do ?

BR, /Per

RedJ

« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2002, 06:18:08 am »

I have the same problem, only for me MJ crashes almost invariably when switching, but only if using a WinAmp skin.  It doesn't crash if I am using one of the skins included with the MJ installation.  My guess is there is a backwards compatibility problem with the older style skins (if I remember correctly, the skins engine was heavily modified for ver8).

>I can inconsistenly but regularly get MJ to crash/exit when returning from mini-me to mega-me.

garyc

« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2002, 06:33:25 am »

- Mono MP3s still show half their total time.  The position slider goes off-scale in mini-me mode (Echelon skin).

- On the export playlist dialog, the last 2 groups of buttons act like a single group.

- In file properties, if I change the file name of a song that's playing, it says it can't be updated.  But it knows enough to stop playing it.  Why can't it rename it?

Thanks,
Gary

async

« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2002, 09:59:58 am »

RMP rocks! You guys rock!  I have been waiting for RMP support in Media Jukebox for sooo long.  I hate Real and using Freeamp just to be able to dl from emusic.com seems rather redundant.  I am a huge emusic fan (you guys should partner) and supporting RMP with the download manager just makes the Jukebox even more kick ass in my eyes.

To one of the above posters, simply open the download manager (under tools) and drag the download album link from emusic into the dl mgr window.  Its just that easy!

Again, thanks J River for a continual (and continuing) awesome product!

Neanderthaler

« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2002, 12:36:26 pm »

I have already said this a while ago, but I try it again
Strange thing is that I'm not able to view lyrics and notes and JPG when I import files from my cdr's
In MJ 7 this was never a problem

SeanC

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2002, 01:03:31 pm »

I am having a problem displaying cover art. I used 'Get cover art from internet' on an album, and it seemed to work fine.  I can see the cover art when I display file properties.  However, neither the Track Info templates nor the Clean-N-Tidy-II visual can display the image.  The visual displays nothing, and the Track Info has a red X where the image should go.

BarryD99

« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2002, 03:34:03 pm »

Getting Cover Art For Compilation Disc

As reported earlier (by someone else), if there are 20 tracks, 8.0.7 appears to be trying to get the cover 20 times - each time with the track artist.

Looks like it is failing each time.

For compilations, instead of using the track artist, shouldn't you be using "various artists" or the album artist name and not attemping to look up each track?

BarryD99

« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2002, 03:49:55 pm »

Play a CD from devices.

Then while it is playing, try to rip it.

Sometimes you get an error message that the device is in use or busy.  Stop playing the CD.  Try to get the the info again from cddb.

Sometimes the hour glass goes on and it looks like all the cpu in a tight loop.  Running win 2000, I can't even shut down MJ with control alt delete.

Venner

« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2002, 03:33:44 am »

About the crashing when switching to mini-me mode...usually it doesn't just crash for me, it tends to blue screen when I switch back from mini-me to full size, most every time.
Win2k SP2
SBLive! Value
Via chipset & AMD Tbird 1.4ghz

mike

« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2002, 04:27:28 am »

when playing a song I get "failed to load visualization plug in"

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2002, 05:12:37 am »

Download Manager : I had downloaded about 10 files with Download Manager, all using Fragment Download, and 4 of them ended up being corrupt. It was during this same download that several of the downloads got to 99% complete and then just suddenly reported as "Canceled" even though I never told it to cancel. All of these downloads were re-tried however, and all of them eventually completed successfully. When I re-downloaded the corrupt files, I didn't use Download Manager, and all 4 came down perfectly the first time. Not something I think I could reliably duplicate in the future, although I'm willing to try. I just thought I'd report it in case you guys wanted to take a look and see if there was some really obvious bug somewhere.

(I'll also report this in the next build's bug thread since this one is so late in, unless you guys acknowledge this one - I'm just not sure how much time you guys spend reading this thread when you're close to a new build release.)

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2002, 05:17:09 am »

Venner,
Try updating your video driver.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2002, 09:06:27 am »

Removing tags via the properties menu does not remove the following fields:  Year, and MJ specific fields (Rating, and Custom fields).

(to test, remove the tags, and re-import the file).
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2002, 10:54:28 am »

The right click menu doesn't show up from the system tray icon when MJ is in mini-me unless it's also minimized.

scub

« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2002, 11:29:13 am »

Unable to pull up visualization studio on Windows NT machine.  Hasn't been working for several builds.  Works fine on my Windows 98 box.

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.207

CPU: Intel Pentium III 929 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 261 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows NT4.0 Service Pack 6 (Build 1381)

Internet Explorer: 5.00.3314.2101
ComCtl32.dll: N/A
Shlwapi.dll: N/A
Shell32.dll: N/A

Rusty

« Reply #92 on: February 20, 2002, 06:59:34 pm »

Just downloaded MJ8.0.207 & my whole system grinds to a halt about 30 mins after I engage the program = NO MEMORY LEFT!!! It must be leaking all over the place (& this was last night). All I was trying to do was rip some songs & compile a Playlist.  Songs kept disappearing too & at one stage my Playlist wouldn't go beyond 15 tracks & I still had a good 12 minutes spare. System is Windows 98-SE on a Dell P111 500 with 128 memory.

Michael Horton

« Reply #93 on: February 20, 2002, 07:09:31 pm »

rusty

do a search here for "memory leak"

others with win 98 have had similar problems, and have posted their solutions

i don't remember what they were though--haven't used win 98 since, well--never

Rusty

« Reply #94 on: February 20, 2002, 08:14:25 pm »

MJHORTON - Thanks ... From the search ... "Memory Leaks" appear to be a very common problem with MJ & the Windows Operating Systems & Microsoft appears to be coping the blame for most of it & not MJ. I didn't have these problems under Version 7, so I can only assume that MJ obviously has some part to play in it all.  The main suggestion was to download a freeware application called RamBooster (which everybody raves about), which I have done, so we'll wait & see.  

I must admit Windows 98 is really starting to give me the #@^%'s lately as it appears you need to completely wipe & re-load Windows at least once a year, if not sooner in some cases.  This is a giant BUGGER! as I'm no computer wiz. I know my computer isn't working properly now & it needs doing, but I don't know how to go about it, as I don't want to stuff anything up ... I need this computer for my business.  Most of the computer shop dudes around here (I've heard are a bit hopeless &) charge like wounded bulls, but I'll have to do something soon.  Hopefully this memeory watch will help too.

Is there a good Microsoft operating system?  Is there a good operating system?  ... Trouble is that so much of the software out there is designed for Windows etc.

Thanks again - Fingers crossed - Rusty.

Rusty

« Reply #95 on: February 20, 2002, 11:04:41 pm »

This latest Beta doesn't seem to like my new Sony 24x10x40 Burner, especvially when I'm using it as the source to rip tracks from. Starts off OK, then after a few songs (sometimes on the first song) it starts crawling & then stops.

Then using my other CD ROM, I finally get all the songs copied & transfered into a Playlist (& that process is a bit labourious). Come to Burn using that Playlist & it suddenly jumps to the Devices = CD ROM & my Playlist is gone & I have what was on the ripped CD |PLS| my Playlist duplicated 4 times!?!?

Just letting you know - Am running Windows 98 SE,on a Dell P111 500 with 128 RAM (& am still having RAM prob's - even with RamBooster) - Rusty

Venner

« Reply #96 on: February 21, 2002, 09:11:42 am »

//JimH: Update your Video driver
I've tried it with 3 different releases of the nVidia detonator drivers.

Another issue...
Songs with extended characters (accented letters, for example) are tagged incorectly and
display as garbage within the program.

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2002, 09:30:22 am »

Venner,
Still could be the video driver.  Crash <--> Detonator.  Next Page  We're not seeing this commonly.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2002, 10:28:08 am »

Visualization Window funkiness : Besides the frequent crashing I've reported while running visuals, I've also experienced the following.

If MJ is running with a vis showing and my PC locks itself (It's XP) or a screensaver comes on, or if MJ has been minimized for a time, the vis window just stops displaying the vis. It might be all black, or it might just show whatever is underneath MJ at the time. I have to stop playback and then start it again for the vis window to start working again.

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2002, 10:30:54 am »

That's right.
I'm cool.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up