INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem Downloading and Installing Lav Filters [solved]  (Read 2253 times)

ricktre

• Recent member
Problem Downloading and Installing Lav Filters [solved]
« on: May 12, 2014, 02:41:12 am »

Hello,

I am with Windows 8.1 Pro and JRiver Media Center 19.0.128. I have my user account name typed in Japanese characters. When trying to play video files, as usual, MC will go online to download and install the Lav filters required for playback. But under this Japanese-account, I discovered the process is "looping". Although it downloads the filters but it fails to add and register them upon extraction so it just keeps downloading the same components and then failing over and over again. I am assuming there is some kind of Unicode issue with the MC component which is supposed to be in charge of recognizing the AppData folder (that has Japanese characters in its name) and installing Lav filters as this issue does not occur in standard ANSI user account name. A standalone Lav filters themselves can be installed without problems under the Japanese-account.

I wonder if this issue can be fixed?

Thank you in advance,

rick  

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problem Downloading and Installing Lav Filters
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 04:20:43 am »

Thanks for reporting the problem. I've corrected the issue for an upcoming build, and MC will be able to install its plugins even if you have unicode in your profile path.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

ricktre

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 05:41:38 am »

Glad to hear that, Hendrik. I look forward to it. By "an upcoming build", I am guessing it is going to be incorporated in the next latest release? Because it would be too long if I have to wait for a stable release to get it to work. Normally, I would refrain from installing a non-stable version of any programs but I will make an exception for that time.

Thanks,

rick

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 06:05:50 am »

It'll be in 19.0.134 or newer, which will be in "Latest" before it'll be in "Stable". Or you can grab it here on the forum once its out.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

ricktre

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 01:02:58 am »

Just installed the latest MC 19.0.134 and I found the problem solved. Thanks! :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up