INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new to JRiver... Ripping a compilation CD sometimes makes separate albums (?)  (Read 3285 times)

gyanarthi

I tried to search for previous posts on this... but couldn't find search terms that worked...I don't know how to explain this but the pic should explain it.  there were 2 CD's in this album.
The first one grouped all the artists in the same album (first tango album listed).  Ripping the 2ND CD separated the albums by artists.

How can I get the split CD tracks to show up in one album.  I've got lots of CD's like this - my album view will be unwieldy if I can't get them together. Also is there something I can do before ripping that will prevent this?

thanks.. bennett

connersw

• Citizen of the Universe

Link them together using the Album Artist Tag.  See:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Multiple_Artist_Albums
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Album_Artist_and_Album_Artist_%28Auto%29

Would you mind sharing what search terms you used that did not work?  Maybe we can change the wiki so that it is easier to find this information?  This question seems to get asked about once a week.  There is a similar question just 5-posts below this one.

Vincent Kars

JRiver thinks tracks belong to the same album as 'Album' and 'Album Artist' are the same.
In the file view (bottom pane in your pic) display the column Album Artist (not to be mistaken for "Artist")
Set Album Artist to something uniform on the 2 CDs e.g. Various and put the indivdual artist in the Artist tag.
You might also label de CDs (Disk #) to sort them right

Change your view to group by [Album Artist (auto)] instead of [Artist]

gyanarthi

thank you.... one more question... but I'll check the other replies first...

here are some of the search terms I used:
ripping a cd with multiple artists creates many albums
multiple albums from one cd
"how to rip multiple artist cd"
multiple artist cd
how to get multiple artists in the same cd
ripping a cd with multiple artists
Pages: [1]   Go Up