INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC Server and DMR as system process ?  (Read 1567 times)

Nickolay V

• Recent member
  • Search cooperation in All-Over-IP Custom Install
MC Server and DMR as system process ?
« on: June 13, 2013, 05:35:19 am »

Is it possible run MC Server and DMR  as system service (! without User Profile) for PC working as "black box" ?
 And  is it possible use Restarter with MC (...Restarter is an application that automatically monitor and restarts crashed or hung programs and applications...)  ?
My 5.1 system:  Mac mini with Win10 Ent.+ MC with Audiolense Convolver + RME Fireface UC in ASIO 5.1 analog outputs mode + five Ch Hypex NCORE amp (NAD) + BMR Vertical Line Arrays + two M1D-Sub Meyer Sound Sub + LG 4K TV

XR219

• Recent member
Re: MC Server and DMR as system process ?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 06:44:02 pm »

Hi Guys,

Are there any plans to be able to add this functionality (i.e. running the Media Centre Server component as a Windows service) I'm just wondering if its on a development roadmap?

Many thanks,

Ben

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 06:40:30 am »

Is it possible run MC Server and DMR as system service (! without User Profile) for PC working as "black box" ?

I would very much like to see this functionality too.
In particular I think there should be a possibility for the server to start/run un-attended as a Windows service application on a headless PC.
I am not so convinced of the need to run the renderer un-attended: I assume that if somebody wants to listen to music on a PC, they are close enough to log-in.

In the meantime, the following work around is almost as good, (although perhaps less secure, and much more fiddly to set up):

• Set up Windows to log-in automatically when it starts.
  • Set up MC (server) to start automatically on log-in.
  • Put a .bat file in the Windows Startup folder, so it runs on log-in, that runs a command to lock Windows.

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

LeoKurz

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 09:32:02 am »

Me too, me too (MC as service)!!

Cheers
__Leo

XR219

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 08:23:43 pm »

Hi chaps,

Its been a long time, but is there any response as to whether or not running as a windows service is in the pipeline?

Many thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up