INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Split Sound and video to 2 devices (Video to Samsung TV and Audio to Yamaha)  (Read 2080 times)

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Alpha/Betatester

Is it possible to output the Video to "Samsung TV" but the Audio to "Yamaha Audio Receiver" over SPDIF?
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

imugli

• MC Beta Team

Do you mean video via HDMI or DLNA?

If you're talking about via DLNA, probably not.

Anything over DLNA is probably being put in a container to be sent to your TV (mp4 etc) which contains the audio track, so I imagine you can't split that so you'd do it from the TV (your TV should have HDMI or audio out ports), but it's still whatever format the container sent it in.

If you're talking HDMI to your TV, just make sure your PCs default sound output is the soundcard and that should do the trick.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team

Is it possible to output the Video to "Samsung TV" but the Audio to "Yamaha Audio Receiver" over SPDIF?

In general it is not possible to push the video via one pipe (HDMI or DLNA) and the audio via another pipe (SPDIF).

But why would you want to do such a thing anyway? If your receiver is connected to the Tv and MC is pushing to the receiver (via HDMI or DLNA), the receiver itself will feed the audio to its speakers, and feed the video to the Tv (that's what receivers do...)

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

budley007

• Recent member

In general it is not possible to push the video via one pipe (HDMI or DLNA) and the audio via another pipe (SPDIF).

But why would you want to do such a thing anyway? If your receiver is connected to the Tv and MC is pushing to the receiver (via HDMI or DLNA), the receiver itself will feed the audio to its speakers, and feed the video to the Tv (that's what receivers do...)

Finally, after reading all these threads, I've found someone asking the same question I had...YIPPIE!!!  :)

Anywho, sorry for resurrecting this stale thread, but to answer your question as to why someone would want to do such a thing...here goes...

I've just moved into my new house a few months ago and have been installing various audio and video components for my home theater. Problem is, I have a very nice USB DAC that I currently use to stream audio to my receiver via RCA, (about a 40' run...PC is residing in my office away from Living Room).

JRemote and JRiver are playing nice and I'm currently enjoying things as they are, but was wondering if I could improve the experience by running Theater View to my Samsung TV via DLNA from my PC while listening to audio via USB to DAC to AVR.

My initial findings appear to be "no...maybe"...I'd just hate to run another HDMI from my office to the TV, so DLNA would have to be the answer. I'm also not interested in installing a WDTV, so if there's no easy answer I guess I'll wait for technology to catch up to my whims. Thanks guys.

Pages: [1]   Go Up