INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: editor wont work  (Read 653 times)

briankc54

editor wont work
« on: February 15, 2002, 04:39:21 am »

I downloaded this program yesterday and bought in as well. When i try to open and use the editor, it wont move past the decoding file box. I have tried to wait and even left it "decoding" overnight, but still no luck. What can i do to get this portion of what i bought to work properly? I have a Pentium4 at 1.8 so i know it cant be processor problems or memory. Any assistance i can get will be appreciated.
bkc

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
RE:editor wont work
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2002, 04:55:52 am »

What version of MJ?
What OS?

MJ 7.2's Media Editor had a problem with Windows XP. If you double clicked a file in the File Open dialog box, it would hang. But actually clicking the Open button would work. Or was it the other way around? I can never remember... whichever way your trying, try it the other way. Next Page

Also, some people have experienced problems if any of the other MJ applications (especially MJ itself) were running at the same time as Media Editor.

I think MJ 8 corrects these issues.

briankc54

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2002, 05:11:56 am »

I downloaded version 7.2 i believe. The web page didn't offer a version 8. So thats news to me. And i am operating XP. I did try to run the editor from the programs menu on the desktop, but the same thing happened, the "decoding" box would just freeze. When i gave up and closed it, it would say that it was not responding and i would have to end the task. But i'll try what you've said, so im hopeful.
bkc

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2002, 05:14:09 am »

8's in beta right now, so that's why it's not showing up on the main page. If your interested in trying it out (keeping in mind that it's in beta and does contain bugs) you can find the dowload link in here under topics with titles like "Media Jukebox 8.xxx Available" or something similar.

Luckily, your version 7 license will work in 8. Not sure beyond that, though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up