INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Guide shows current playing Show  (Read 1588 times)

NickF

• Citizen of the Universe
Guide shows current playing Show
« on: June 01, 2014, 02:52:42 pm »

19.0.130 (4/23/2014)

1. Changed: When the user switches from Display View to Theater view to browse TV guide grid, the currently playing show will remain in a small window even if the user selects a different program in the grid.

It was good to see this change but it doesn't work for me.  If I am using Theater View and select a show from the guide then select Guide (using MCC 22001,9) the show pauses and I am taken to the Guide.  Now the show is not shown in the guide until I select the channel it is on and then it remains paused.  Not what I expected.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

imugli

• MC Beta Team
Re: Guide shows current TV Channel
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 12:30:58 am »

This is controllable in Settings. There is an option to pause playback when exiting display view. You should just need to change to to not do so.

NickF

Re: Guide shows current current playing Show
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 05:15:00 am »

This is controllable in Settings. There is an option to pause playback when exiting display view. You should just need to change to to not do so.
Thanks imugli.  I have now corrected that setting so that the current show continues to play whilst using the Guide.  However, the show is only displayed when the relevant channel is selected in the Guide.  It disappears for all other channels.  So this is not behaving as it should do.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Guide shows current current playing Show
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 09:05:37 am »

Thanks imugli.  I have now corrected that setting so that the current show continues to play whilst using the Guide.  However, the show is only displayed when the relevant channel is selected in the Guide.  It disappears for all other channels.  So this is not behaving as it should do.

Nick.

Does it behave the same if you switch to guide using keyboard (CTRL + 4)?

It behaves correctly for me, using either Ctrl+4 or MCC 22001, 9.

By the way, the small video window only appears in the 'grid' view.  It does not show when you actually select a program for further action or to show details.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

NickF

Re: Guide shows current playing Show
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 12:35:51 pm »

CTRL4 selects the Guide OK but the playing Show is only displayed when the actual show is highlighted in the grid.  Even for the same channel, if you scroll along to the next show, the small window disappears.  This does not involve selecting a show, just browsing the Guide.

Nick.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 02:37:20 pm »

CTRL4 selects the Guide OK but the playing Show is only displayed when the actual show is highlighted in the grid.  Even for the same channel, if you scroll along to the next show, the small window disappears.  This does not involve selecting a show, just browsing the Guide.

Nick.

It works for me :(
Have you customized your Theater view?  For example, is the guide view at Root \ Video \ Guide?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

NickF

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 01:00:39 pm »

Well diagnosed, Yaobing!  I was still using a rule to show only Favourite channels, not quite caught up with hidden channels!  The Guide was also renamed.  I suspect that was actually the problem.  I will confirm tomorrow.  It now works fine.  A nice update.

Nick.
Pages: [1]   Go Up