INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using gizmo to wake up the server  (Read 1433 times)

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Using gizmo to wake up the server
« on: May 20, 2014, 11:31:19 am »

I have MC running on a Windows 8.1 box which takes ~10s to wake from sleep. I tend to use gizmo to wake it up but gizmo seems to attempt 1 connection every second for 5 seconds before giving up. Is there a config option to extend this timeout?

On a related note, I seem to regularly hit a problem whereby the subsequent attempts to connect, after I know the server is now up, only hit the external IP address. I don't have the server open to the outside world though so this obviously fails. I don't know how to provide more debug info than this.

Thanks
Matt

Oscartume

Using gizmo to wake up the server
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 01:42:46 pm »

It is usual reserve

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: Using gizmo to wake up the server
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 01:46:27 pm »

I have MC running on a Windows 8.1 box which takes ~10s to wake from sleep. I tend to use gizmo to wake it up but gizmo seems to attempt 1 connection every second for 5 seconds before giving up. Is there a config option to extend this timeout?

On a related note, I seem to regularly hit a problem whereby the subsequent attempts to connect, after I know the server is now up, only hit the external IP address. I don't have the server open to the outside world though so this obviously fails. I don't know how to provide more debug info than this.

Thanks
Matt

I have the same problem sometimes.  There's not a good solution, but the workaround I use is to enter the server's local IP address (+ :52199) instead of the access code.  That way it only ever pings the local address, so a retry after the initial failure works normally.

Either that or don't let the server sleep  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up