Networks and Remotes > Remotes

eos, a remote for JRiver - now for Android!

(1/121) > >>

Soul_Rvr911:
Hello everyone!

As some of you may know from my eos for BB10 thread, I've also been working on an Android flavor of eos. It is my pleasure to announce that development has just about wrapped up, and the application should be available for purchase in Google Play in the near future!

Attached you'll find a few screenshots taken from a Nexus 7, which should give you a pretty good idea of what to expect. If you're familiar with the BB10 version, this app should feel very comfortable to you. Some adjustments had to be made due to differences on the Android platform, but for the most part the layout is very similar.

Features include:

* Browse and search your media library
* Filtering available while browsing grid lists
* Control the volume of all of your zones
* Control playback of the currently active zone
* NEW for Android: modify the current playlist using drag-n-drop!
* Manage linked zones
* Theater View remote
* Change MC's display mode
* Readily accessible Playing Now view
* Sleep timer
* Device playback, including transcoding options
I've tested it on a Nexus 5, a Nexus 7, and a Samsung Galaxy S4. The minimum required Android version is Jelly Bean (4.1.X, API level 16). It will be listed for $4.99.

Have a look, and let me know what you think!

-L

Edit:
It's been a while since my first post in this thread, and the app has changed quite a bit since initial release. Additional features include:

* Chromecast support
* Material design, with three different themes: Blue and Orange, Black and Red, and Grey and Green
* Wake-on-LAN and Power Off MC from the app
* Change audio streams and subtitles of a video playing remotely
* Use the hardware volume keys to change volume
* Homescreen and Lockscreen widgets (lockscreen widgets are not supported on Lollipop)
* Stream live TV to your device (if you have a TV tuner connected and configured in MC)
* Add files to an existing playlist, or save the current Playing Now playlist as a new playlist
I've also updated the screenshots attached to the posts. Take a(nother) look!

Soul_Rvr911:
More screenshots!

HTPC4ME:
Can't wait to try this!

InflatableMouse:
It looks great!

You say you didn't like the BB Music app which would suggest on BB your app could playback locally as well, but I don't see local playback as a feature, so does it currently only allow browsing and remote control or can it play on the device itself as well (like Gizmo and JRemote on iPad)? And if it supports local playback, does it support video too?

Does it allow tagging of rating?

shrike645:
Eos on BB10 will play back your media stored from any server you have JRiver running on the local device. It will also play back media stored on your BB10 phone. Pull down settings and there is a button for switch to device media.

Yes it plays back video (from a server not stored on the device) on the device and of course acts as a remote control for video too.

Hal

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version