Networks and Remotes > Remotes

eos, a remote for JRiver - now for Android!

<< < (8/121) > >>

Soul_Rvr911:

--- Quote from: Ekpen on June 20, 2014, 02:11:49 pm ---I did a search on eos for android, found it and installed.
The free version is really totally crippled. You  can not play music or watch videos.
I was hoping it will function fully, for maybe 3 days to 5 days before limiting playing or watching capabilities. Please remove and update and let us get a feel for it. It does what Gizmo is already doing, but if it works, paying a few dollars for it to support your efforts is not a bad idea.

Apart from the fact that the program does not play, there are bugs in the theater remote part.
When in remote mode,  you press the middle circle  you get "open", "play" "show files" etc, the selections do not work.
More testing o nthe way.
In display menu.. do you mean Thearer view?  again here when selected nothing happens.
Thanks.
George

--- End quote ---

Sorry George, the functionality in the trial version will remain limited. I discussed this earlier in the thread, and it seemed the best solution to offering a trial where the limitation could not easily be circumvented.

When you touch the middle circle in the Theater Remote, is your server in Theater View mode? If not, you'll need to select it by using the Display Mode menu item, which is available both on that page and on the Playing Now page. From there things should work as you'd expect. If you encounter any more issues please let me know!

InflatableMouse:

--- Quote from: Soul_Rvr911 on June 21, 2014, 09:05:54 am ---I think that if all of your devices use the same Google Play account you only need to buy it once. At least, that's how the BlackBerry store works. I'm still getting used to Google Play!

--- End quote ---

The same on Android, but I do believe there's a limit to the number of devices you can activate under one account.

jmone:

--- Quote from: Soul_Rvr911 on June 21, 2014, 09:05:54 am ---I think that if all of your devices use the same Google Play account you only need to buy it once. At least, that's how the BlackBerry store works. I'm still getting used to Google Play!

--- End quote ---

That is the default method (and the one I like of course!)  I do have an app that requires MAC registration as well.

Ekpen:

--- Quote ---The free version will give you a good idea of how eos is designed and what it can do. There's no time limit on it; the main restriction in the free version is that you can't take any action that modifies playback, which includes altering volumes and switching/linking zones. I'll post a new reply to this topic once it is available. I hope you'll find it useful enough to purchase!

--- End quote ---

Greetings:
 I do sincerely want to support your effort. What you wrote above regarding its limitation is really vague. I now know it will not play anything. My concept of free version is let it play fully but limit its use to certain number of days.
Testing a program involves going through all its phases, including menus and drop downs. This menu do not work.
Open, Play More, Selection etc do not work. What if there are issues,within, actions do not work? how would you know.
Moreover, i will like to listen to music to test how the audio sound. I will like to play a movie or two to see how smooth things are.
Remember, Interact forum members are closely tied together. Some of us are retired and semi-retired. My suggestion is re-write it to make it functional for a few days, and get real time critiques. Your $ will come your way.

We Interact forum members are adults and supportive of you. I am if the program is functional, it does not really mean it is going to be a perfect program for you to get support. I just for one wants alternative to Gizmo for me to play with. Spending a few $ on this is not really a problem.

Again, I want to support you, but I will love to put the eos through its paces.

P/s: Would you buy MC if Matt creates a drop menu, without allowing you to watch movies or listen to music?
Thanks.

George

Soul_Rvr911:

--- Quote from: Ekpen on June 21, 2014, 06:06:59 pm ---Greetings:
 I do sincerely want to support your effort. What you wrote above regarding its limitation is really vague. I now know it will not play anything. My concept of free version is let it play fully but limit its use to certain number of days.
Testing a program involves going through all its phases, including menus and drop downs. This menu do not work.
Open, Play More, Selection etc do not work. What if there are issues,within, actions do not work? how would you know.
Moreover, i will like to listen to music to test how the audio sound. I will like to play a movie or two to see how smooth things are.
Remember, Interact forum members are closely tied together. Some of us are retired and semi-retired. My suggestion is re-write it to make it functional for a few days, and get real time critiques. Your $ will come your way.

We Interact forum members are adults and supportive of you. I am if the program is functional, it does not really mean it is going to be a perfect program for you to get support. I just for one wants alternative to Gizmo for me to play with. Spending a few $ on this is not really a problem.

Again, I want to support you, but I will love to put the eos through its paces.

P/s: Would you buy MC if Matt creates a drop menu, without allowing you to watch movies or listen to music?
Thanks.

George

--- End quote ---

George,

My apologies if you found my description of the limitations of the free version vague. I'm not sure how I could have been more clear. I did state in both posts related to the free version that all operations regarding playback were disabled.

I do understand where you're coming from when you say you want to be able to test the full capabilities of the app, but that wasn't the reason I released the free app. My intention with the free version is to showcase the layout and available functionality of eos. By now, most of my potential customers are accustomed to a free competitor, offered by the same people who wrote the server that is required for my app to function. I am totally aware that my application is laid out differently than Gizmo, but that difference comes at a cost; in addition to the cost of purchasing the app, a different layout poses another barrier to entry for a potential customer. Why pay for another app that you'll have to acclimate to when the free app offers all of the functionality that you need?

I don't believe that the comparison you're trying to draw between MC and eos is fair. MC is a much larger product, with a price tag that matches its awesome feature set. It's also worked on by a team of people, not just a single developer. Plus they have their own servers that they operate to handle things like registration, to protect themselves from piracy. I do not have any of this, and Google's platform does not provide a simple mechanism for me to implement protections for my app. So the responsibility to implement this falls back to me, and that's an entirely different product that I am not interested in developing.

As much as I appreciate your comments, I can't change the free app in the way you suggest. I hope that this helps you to understand why.

-L

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version