INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down

Author Topic: eos, a remote for JRiver - now for Android!  (Read 232072 times)

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
Re: eos, a remote for JRiver - now for Android!
« Reply #550 on: September 30, 2015, 07:27:27 pm »

At reconstruction of music in the car has managed wireless technologies, AUX did not begin to use.
At use in any conditions has noticed, what music hiccups (as though microstops of a sound), in what side to dig?

Sorry, I'm not quite sure what you're asking here.
Check out my JRiver remote application eos, available for Android and BlackBerry 10!
Android: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=89392.0
BB10: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=79677.0

Mr. Odd

• World Citizen
« Reply #551 on: October 06, 2015, 12:21:08 pm »

Re: my Chromecast question - the standard in place does apply to the new audio-only model.

I have a reproducible bug: the first song played to my Sonos speaker doesn't update play stats within MC, it even says 'Track 0' on my phone's screen.

Also, may I suggest displaying the "track number / total tracks" in the notification shade pull-down?

Just to clarify, the issue with playlist portability is within MC, right? My issue is that a playlist is linked to an output, and I wish they were independent so I could simply pause a playlist and redirect the output.

Thanks!

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #552 on: October 07, 2015, 03:10:34 pm »

Re: my Chromecast question - the standard in place does apply to the new audio-only model.

I have a reproducible bug: the first song played to my Sonos speaker doesn't update play stats within MC, it even says 'Track 0' on my phone's screen.

Also, may I suggest displaying the "track number / total tracks" in the notification shade pull-down?

Just to clarify, the issue with playlist portability is within MC, right? My issue is that a playlist is linked to an output, and I wish they were independent so I could simply pause a playlist and redirect the output.

Thanks!

Does your Sonos speaker show up as a zone in MC (and therefore eos)? If so, this sounds more like a JRiver issue. Do you experience the same behavior with Gizmo?

I can look into showing track number/total tracks in the notification, but I don't know if there are any extra fields I can use to place this info.

Right, MC builds "Playing Now" playlists on a per-zone basis. I don't know that there's a way to move the Playing Now playlist from one zone to another.
Check out my JRiver remote application eos, available for Android and BlackBerry 10!

Mr. Odd

• World Citizen
« Reply #553 on: October 07, 2015, 04:02:14 pm »

The Sonos speaker shows up fine as a Zone. Not sure if Gizmo has the same problem, I don't use that but I'll try it with JRemote.

Edit: Yup, JRemote displays the same behavior, it doesn't update the first track as played. In fact, it updated the play stats of the first track of the PREVIOUS album I played!

eezetee

• World Citizen
« Reply #554 on: October 24, 2015, 01:22:27 pm »

Is there a specific place to ask questions?

I'm unable to use EOS to create playlists despite proper authentication.  Not sure if it's best to create the lists on jriver first or within the app (prepare as it allows guests to create lists)

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #555 on: October 24, 2015, 03:52:04 pm »

Is there a specific place to ask questions?

I'm unable to use EOS to create playlists despite proper authentication.  Not sure if it's best to create the lists on jriver first or within the app (prepare as it allows guests to create lists)

This is the best place for eos questions! :)

I just tested this on my own PC and I was able to create a playlist after selecting a few tracks and pressing "Add To Playlist" in eos. Are you seeing an error? If so, what does it say?

eezetee

• World Citizen
« Reply #556 on: October 25, 2015, 08:19:01 am »

Hi Soul_Rvr911,

Glad I found the spot. Was thinking maybe EOS had it's own forum/area to post questions.

I had seen some authentication issues before but i've turned on Authentication in JRiver, restarted the server and the client.

If I try to add a track to existing (ie on the server) playlist, nothing happens (song isn't added)
if I try to create a new playlist, it doesn't create it on the server and I don't know where it goes.

Just updated EOS, verified password and still the same.

Lastly, would be nice to just have some buttons at the top to add to queue or add to playlist without holding down on the filename (just discovered this during my testing as a nuance)

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #557 on: October 26, 2015, 09:56:29 am »

I had seen some authentication issues before but i've turned on Authentication in JRiver, restarted the server and the client.

If I try to add a track to existing (ie on the server) playlist, nothing happens (song isn't added)
if I try to create a new playlist, it doesn't create it on the server and I don't know where it goes.

Just updated EOS, verified password and still the same.

Hm, if authentication isn't enabled on the library server you wouldn't be able to add tracks to a playlist. And if authentication is enabled on your server but it's improperly configured on eos, eos wouldn't be able to connect to the server. Try changing the rating of a track from the Playing Now page in eos - does that update the server, or do you see an error?

eezetee

• World Citizen
« Reply #558 on: October 27, 2015, 12:40:04 am »

Hm, if authentication isn't enabled on the library server you wouldn't be able to add tracks to a playlist. And if authentication is enabled on your server but it's improperly configured on eos, eos wouldn't be able to connect to the server. Try changing the rating of a track from the Playing Now page in eos - does that update the server, or do you see an error?

I reset the password and then the EOS client pulled in an updated playlist which seemed to contain the items I wanted to add.  However, if I add on the server, the client doesn't refresh.

Also, if I choose to create a new playlist, I can see it added to the server,  but the client still only shows those playlist created on the server.  When I look at JRiver tree view, the playlists are not listed under "Music Playlists" but rather just under root of the Playlists folder.  So I think it's an one of the follow. Either my Theatre View is wrong, or EOS isn't adding it as a Music Playlist.

So just to summarize.
1)  If I add a file to a playlist listed as a Music Playlist. I see it immediately added to teh playlist on the server. However, even if I press refresh on the client. It doesn't refresh the playlist and I cannot see the recently added item
2) When I create a new playlist, it isn't considered a Music Playlist and therefore my Theatre View - I have a filter.  Just realized this while typing thsi message.  So confirmed it was a filter issue.

So, it seems these both above were related to new playlists being created in the root folder, not my "Music Playlists" folder which is why I couldn't see it.

Lastly, Do we know if JRiver filtering by playlist name works? Or is this not the play to ask?

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #559 on: October 28, 2015, 12:56:29 pm »

I reset the password and then the EOS client pulled in an updated playlist which seemed to contain the items I wanted to add.  However, if I add on the server, the client doesn't refresh.

Also, if I choose to create a new playlist, I can see it added to the server,  but the client still only shows those playlist created on the server.  When I look at JRiver tree view, the playlists are not listed under "Music Playlists" but rather just under root of the Playlists folder.  So I think it's an one of the follow. Either my Theatre View is wrong, or EOS isn't adding it as a Music Playlist.

So just to summarize.
1)  If I add a file to a playlist listed as a Music Playlist. I see it immediately added to teh playlist on the server. However, even if I press refresh on the client. It doesn't refresh the playlist and I cannot see the recently added item
2) When I create a new playlist, it isn't considered a Music Playlist and therefore my Theatre View - I have a filter.  Just realized this while typing thsi message.  So confirmed it was a filter issue.

So, it seems these both above were related to new playlists being created in the root folder, not my "Music Playlists" folder which is why I couldn't see it.

What you're describing is a known issue with MC's web services, which is what all remotes interface with. This issue also manifests when new content is imported in the media server's database. Updated content isn't immediately available from the web services, even though it appears in Media Center. It can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours, but you can force it to appear by restarting MC.

If you've created a Playlists folder called "Music Playlists" and you wanted playlists you create from eos to go there, you'd have to tell eos to create the new playlist in "Music Playlists\New Playlist Name".

Lastly, Do we know if JRiver filtering by playlist name works? Or is this not the play to ask?

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by this, so I don't know how to answer.

eezetee

• World Citizen
« Reply #560 on: October 29, 2015, 01:23:17 am »

What you're describing is a known issue with MC's web services, which is what all remotes interface with. This issue also manifests when new content is imported in the media server's database. Updated content isn't immediately available from the web services, even though it appears in Media Center. It can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours, but you can force it to appear by restarting MC.

If you've created a Playlists folder called "Music Playlists" and you wanted playlists you create from eos to go there, you'd have to tell eos to create the new playlist in "Music Playlists\New Playlist Name".

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by this, so I don't know how to answer.

Not sure how to quote a quote to keep context but...

Regarding the playlist, what I was asking is likely a jriver question and not related to the EOS so i'll move the question to another location in the forum (Create a playlist view that filters on playlists)

For the first question
When creating the playlist in EOS, it drops it in root.  I can move it over after, it's not an issue. It's just that anyone other than me that uses this feature (think house gathering) will create a list and it'll be gone out of view. Unless of course I create a special view to search at the root of all playlists.  Doable, but would be great if there was a setting to just Prepend "Music Playlists" to all newly created lists.  Maybe a feature ask?

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #561 on: November 01, 2015, 06:53:32 pm »

Doable, but would be great if there was a setting to just Prepend "Music Playlists" to all newly created lists.  Maybe a feature ask?

It should be possible to add a dropdown to select what folder to add the new playlist to. Not sure when I'll be able to get around to it though; recently moved, and I haven't had much free time to work on the app.

eezetee

• World Citizen
« Reply #562 on: November 02, 2015, 05:20:07 am »

That sounds cool. Or if a dropdown can't be done,  if a guest merely enters a playlist name without a group, can we just prepend a "Music Playlist\"

For example.
Guest comes over, I show them how to make a playlist.
Said guest makes a playlist and calls it Bob's List.
The system will prepend "Music Playlists" and therefor the name would be "Music Playlists\Bob's List"

And then when I make a view for the EOS players that I have, I can create a view that says "Music Playlists" and Bob will find his list there.

Right now I have to open the whole root because I can't filter on a name I don't know and there doesn't seem to be a way to have hte user (if they knew) to tag their own playlists.

Thanks for listening.

DrizztDo

« Reply #563 on: November 03, 2015, 10:12:02 am »

Hello,

I'm using EOS as streamer on my device (android tablet) but I don't manage to change audio stream nor subtitles when playing video, could you tell me how to do so ?

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #564 on: November 05, 2015, 08:09:04 pm »

Hello,

I'm using EOS as streamer on my device (android tablet) but I don't manage to change audio stream nor subtitles when playing video, could you tell me how to do so ?

This isn't supported when streaming media to your device. You can only change audio streams and subtitles when playing media back in JRiver.

Mr. Odd

• World Citizen
« Reply #565 on: November 20, 2015, 10:46:19 am »

I was playing around with the 4 remotes (eos, Gizmo, JRemote, audiocanoe), trying to see how they handled a sudden switch from wifi to 4G. I started playing a track on wifi, then after 30 seconds turned off wifi to see what would happen.

eos and JRemote finished the track, then froze and crashed on the next track.
audiocanoe is way too new in it's development for me to even care, missing too many basic UI features.
Gizmo seemed to pass the test! I skipped a few tracks, then went to tracks at the end of the album and it still worked, and I could still go back and peruse my library.

eos is the best, by far, in terms of UI and features, which is why I keep harping on this one issue which bugs me constantly as I use eos daily.

I noticed Gizmo recently got an update which says "Lengthened the time of retries for connecting so that Gizmo will be more likely to connect to a machine that just wakes up". Is this something that might solve this issue for eos?

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #566 on: December 13, 2015, 12:00:08 am »

Does anything need to be done to eos for it to work with the new Chromecast Audio?

Has anyone tried Chromecast Audio yet with EOS?  They are not out in Oz yet but sound like an interesting device now they support High Quality In Sync audio distribution to a group of devices
JRiver CEO Elect

jjazdk

• World Citizen
« Reply #567 on: December 15, 2015, 09:21:57 am »

I have used eos for about a week now, and must say it is fabolous!!! and heaps better than JRemote for Android.

Only issue I have is, that I prefer for my tablet to switch off wireless when the tablet is not in use. This of course causes a delay before it connects to wifi upon activating the tablet, and eos give me a java error.

It is a smaller annoyance, but it would be very nice if eos waited until wifi was reconnected. It works flawlessly for JRemote on the iPad.
Working on my 12 channel JRiver entertainment center :-)

Ekpen

eos not connecting with Ubuntu 15.10
« Reply #568 on: December 31, 2015, 08:52:35 pm »

I am having issues with eos connecting with Ubuntu. Gizmo and JRemote do connect with no problem.
I have several times re-installed eos. I have also used or set up my server with wired or wireless connection.
This is the first time eos not connecting.
It will say.. make sure the server or MC is up, which I now MC is up and running.
MC on Linux version 21.0.28 is what I am running at the moment.

Thanks.

George

Shike

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #569 on: February 10, 2016, 10:10:17 pm »

Odd question for those familiar.  What do the location pin like icons do on the zone page?  I know the checkboxes are for which one I'm controlling but haven't seen the impact of the other.

prg02

• Recent member
« Reply #570 on: February 19, 2016, 04:45:10 pm »

I have one question. when I watch an old video and I put my phone horizontal the video changes its aspect ratio to fill the screen. If I watch the same video with the phone vertical the aspect ratio is OK. Is there a way to fix this?

blgentry

Usable Screen Area in Landscape
« Reply #571 on: February 25, 2016, 04:26:19 pm »

I just bought EOS and I'm pretty impressed.  :)

At the moment I'm using it on an Android phone with a fairly small screen.  Trying to use it in landscape mode, something like 30% (maybe more) of the screen is unusable.  Because the top navigation bar takes up a good chunk.  Then the bottom status bar with the currently playing song, etc, takes up another equal sized chunk.

It would be really nice if one or both of these bars could auto-hide.  In fact, it should probably be an option to auto hide them.  I'm not sure how hard that would be.  It would certainly increase usability on small screens a lot.

With a tablet, I'm guessing these top and bottom bars take up much less of the screen?  Like 10% or less?

Thanks for reading.

Brian.

eezetee

• World Citizen
« Reply #572 on: March 19, 2016, 12:27:35 am »

Really love EOS.  Family members use it daily for kids stuff, workout music, etc.  Absolutely phenomenal product!

One thing I cannot seem to get working is to change the audio or subtitle track.

If I open up a video, I don't know how to bring up the menu (Android phone) in order to choose a subtitle.

If I stop the playbak and i'm in the "Playing Now" view, I can click the 3 dots on the top row and can click on "Audio Streams / Subtitles"  then then both Toggle buttons but nothing happens.  The subtitles are .srt files in the same directory and if I open the file in VLC, it shows there are stream options for subs.

Can anyone advise?

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #573 on: March 21, 2016, 10:51:34 am »

Post #564 states

This isn't supported when streaming media to your device. You can only change audio streams and subtitles when playing media back in JRiver.

eezetee

• World Citizen
« Reply #574 on: March 21, 2016, 10:50:23 pm »

Post #564 states

I appreciate that, I missed it, but what's the point of the buttons there for subtitle and audio stream.

blgentry

« Reply #575 on: March 22, 2016, 07:33:18 am »

Subtitle and Audio toggling doesn't work here at all.  I use the Mac version of MC21.  When I press the audio toggle button, a display with the audio tracks comes up on the Mac's display, but it does not change.  Pressing the button repeatedly doesn't do anything extra.  The subtitle button doesn't do anything at all.

Doing these same things while playing video to a DLNA renderer (in this case a WDTV plus Live) doesn't even bring up a display.

It's not a huge big deal, but it would certainly be nice if it worked.

Brian.

eezetee

• World Citizen
« Reply #576 on: March 25, 2016, 08:02:21 am »

I agree.

I'm not sure how others do it, but the only way I can see to manually choose the audio track or subtitles is in the file tags manually.

Would be great if this worked.

High-End

• World Citizen
« Reply #577 on: April 30, 2016, 01:36:22 am »

It's so quiet here.
The last time that the developer has answered is 11/2015.
Is the product is dead?
Is there nothing more to develop?
Did he thinks he is defeated by the competitors?

eezetee

• World Citizen
« Reply #578 on: May 17, 2016, 10:27:59 pm »

I hope not.  EOS is, in my beginner's opinion, the best remote of the lot.

icstm

• World Citizen
« Reply #579 on: June 07, 2016, 05:18:10 pm »

Any news on development?

icstm

• World Citizen
« Reply #580 on: June 16, 2016, 07:08:57 am »

well I bought JRemote instead given lack of comms here.
Though for twice the price, probably not twice as good.

blgentry

« Reply #581 on: June 16, 2016, 09:54:27 am »

Did you try EOS trial version?  That was enough to convince me to buy it.

Brian.

icstm

• World Citizen
« Reply #582 on: June 17, 2016, 11:51:12 am »

Did you try EOS trial version?  That was enough to convince me to buy it.

Brian.
I should give that a spin. I actually went with the JRemote, as I am hoping that does get some updates.

What are the main things you liked in EOS?

corsimusic

• Recent member
« Reply #583 on: June 29, 2016, 01:44:32 pm »

when a replay gain or normalisation volume in eos ? Sorry for my bad english i'm french
thank

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #584 on: July 11, 2016, 12:17:06 pm »

I am also wondering if volume leveling/replaygain is available when doing local playback on the device?
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

blgentry

« Reply #585 on: July 11, 2016, 05:46:22 pm »

As far as I can tell, volume leveling and other audio options are not supported for playback to "this device" in EOS.

Brian.

j30sailor

• Recent member
« Reply #586 on: October 24, 2016, 08:07:01 pm »

I thought this thread should be updated.  Though I haven't tried it, eos on the Google play store discription and in the settings screen says it supports Chromecast.

Guess I'll have to pull the old Chromecast out.

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #587 on: October 07, 2017, 09:37:44 am »

EOS is GREAT  :-*

Been using it for a few months now, ever since I got my new Samsung Galaxy S8 phone.

I love the way it ties into JRiver MC... WONDERFUL.

It is also the most responsive, bug free & reliable Android music player that I have used (so far). That includes...

1: Neutron... Worked with my server but was rather unreliable as it would loose connection for no real reason. Sluggish response & confusing interface. Does not work with streaming services such as DropBox, Google Play, OneDrive & etc... BUMMER :'(

2: Double Twist Cloud Player... Works with my server. Works well with streaming services such as DropBox, Google Play, OneDrive & etc. Very nice but also very buggy... Cover art slow to load every time & always messing up, when connected to my server it would always stop 5 seconds before the song was done & freeze. I could manually select the next song in the playlist but it would not play the next song by itself, really weird. It would play all songs in a list if not connected to the server.

3: Jet Audio  HD... Does not work with my server. Does not work with streaming services such as DropBox, Google Play, OneDrive & etc... BUMMER  :'(

I tried about 6 or 7 others of even lesser quality in a vain search for the ultimate Android music player before stumbling across EOS.
SEE: thread...
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,111834.msg773043.html#msg773043

I actually used EOS for a month or two before discovering just the other day that it was designed specifically for interfacing with JRiver MC... boy was that one great find indeed  ;D

There are TWO things that EOS needs in my humble opinion...

1: The ability to connect to my server from ANYWHERE. Right now it will only connect if my phone & the server are on the same WiFi network.  It needs to connect from ANY WiFi, anywhere.

2: Must work with streaming services such as DropBox, Google Play, OneDrive & etc. so I can store my music in the cloud to be accessible from any device, anywhere.

Can the above two suggestions be done?

Cheers;
Doc
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #588 on: October 07, 2017, 04:48:25 pm »

Soul_Rvr911 (the dev) has not posted here for some time, so I'm guessing there will be no further development of EOS.
JRiver CEO Elect

High-End

• World Citizen
« Reply #589 on: October 07, 2017, 04:57:15 pm »

EOS is still the best remote for jrmc.
Unfortunately it is dead in regard of developing 🤔
It's a shame.....

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #590 on: October 07, 2017, 10:43:57 pm »

Thanks guys.

Sorry to hear that  :'(
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

eezetee

• World Citizen
« Reply #591 on: November 28, 2017, 08:34:49 am »

Just a wild chance but has anyone been able to get audio stream changing to work on Android device.

I've got some movies on my server that have 2 audio tracks.  Some of the movies are only in the non-english language tagged group (meaning they only show up in that group in theatre view)  but they seem to default to track 1 which is English.  Does no good for the person watching (non English) and no matter what I do I can't seem to get it to switch on my Android tablet or phone.

Also can't seem to figure out a way to either remove the English audio or set JRiver to default to a specific track for that Video file (which could work in my case but i'd rather EOS did it)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #592 on: November 28, 2017, 08:41:00 am »

Try playing it once on the server and setting the correct audio there.

eezetee

• World Citizen
« Reply #593 on: December 02, 2017, 10:55:58 am »

Thanks Jim.  This indeed worked for the movie I wanted but is there an easy way to use Tags or Select the track to default.

Since this was about the EOS remote,  just advising that the "toggle audio stream" button doesn't work.

shadowlight

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #594 on: January 31, 2018, 08:15:34 pm »

Anyone know how to clear playlist via eos?

Goatshade

« Reply #595 on: February 02, 2018, 10:34:06 pm »

So I've looked at the screen shots and think it looks good. I just have a general question:

What does this remote have over JRemote, besides a Theatre View control?

narbi

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #596 on: March 07, 2018, 06:48:21 pm »

Is it possible to customize the library view in EOS ? I didn't find out how, I'd like more like a list style like in jremote to browse the library instead of a thumbnail view.

rlebrette

« Reply #597 on: March 08, 2018, 12:30:42 am »

Sure, it uses the same view configuration that all remote devices. Which is located in preferences/media network/... views (i dont exactly remember the last steps)

narbi

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #598 on: March 08, 2018, 12:38:09 am »

There is no option to customize the "library style" in there. I'm not trying to rearrange categories or filter them in any way, I'm just trying to have only 1 item per line in the panel once navigating in a category. Default is Album view style, no matter what you do to customize it on the server. And I found no option on the client.

jwilson56

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #599 on: September 23, 2019, 07:23:48 pm »

Is this still available?
Now Playing skin creator - NetRemote 2.0 / 6 Zone whole house audio delivering 1580 watts RMS total

Visit My Nowplaying Blog
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up