Networks and Remotes > Remotes

eos, a remote for JRiver - now for Android!

<< < (118/121) > >>

blgentry:
As far as I can tell, volume leveling and other audio options are not supported for playback to "this device" in EOS.

Brian.

j30sailor:
I thought this thread should be updated.  Though I haven't tried it, eos on the Google play store discription and in the settings screen says it supports Chromecast.

Guess I'll have to pull the old Chromecast out.

DocLotus:
EOS is GREAT  :-*

Been using it for a few months now, ever since I got my new Samsung Galaxy S8 phone.

I love the way it ties into JRiver MC... WONDERFUL.

It is also the most responsive, bug free & reliable Android music player that I have used (so far). That includes...

1: Neutron... Worked with my server but was rather unreliable as it would loose connection for no real reason. Sluggish response & confusing interface. Does not work with streaming services such as DropBox, Google Play, OneDrive & etc... BUMMER :'(

2: Double Twist Cloud Player... Works with my server. Works well with streaming services such as DropBox, Google Play, OneDrive & etc. Very nice but also very buggy... Cover art slow to load every time & always messing up, when connected to my server it would always stop 5 seconds before the song was done & freeze. I could manually select the next song in the playlist but it would not play the next song by itself, really weird. It would play all songs in a list if not connected to the server.

3: Jet Audio  HD... Does not work with my server. Does not work with streaming services such as DropBox, Google Play, OneDrive & etc... BUMMER  :'(

I tried about 6 or 7 others of even lesser quality in a vain search for the ultimate Android music player before stumbling across EOS.
SEE: thread...
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,111834.msg773043.html#msg773043

I actually used EOS for a month or two before discovering just the other day that it was designed specifically for interfacing with JRiver MC... boy was that one great find indeed  ;D

There are TWO things that EOS needs in my humble opinion...

1: The ability to connect to my server from ANYWHERE. Right now it will only connect if my phone & the server are on the same WiFi network.  It needs to connect from ANY WiFi, anywhere.

2: Must work with streaming services such as DropBox, Google Play, OneDrive & etc. so I can store my music in the cloud to be accessible from any device, anywhere.

Can the above two suggestions be done?

Cheers;
Doc

jmone:
Soul_Rvr911 (the dev) has not posted here for some time, so I'm guessing there will be no further development of EOS.

High-End:
EOS is still the best remote for jrmc.
Unfortunately it is dead in regard of developing 🤔
It's a shame.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version