Networks and Remotes > Remotes

eos, a remote for JRiver - now for Android!

<< < (13/121) > >>

kensn:

--- Quote from: Soul_Rvr911 on June 22, 2014, 03:09:23 pm ---I just tried this, and haven't seen this behavior. I can type out the full name of any artist in my library while the filter type is set to Starts with and that artist is always visible.

What artists do you have in your library that start with Ru? Do they have an article in front of them (e.g. "An", "The" etc)? eos does a literal "Starts with" on the entire string, it does not do any fancy string processing or tokenizing. (It does ignore case, however.) So, if the artist's name begins with an article, it will not be found. An example - let's assume you have "The Rolling Stones" as an artist:
--- End quote ---

Well Rush for one...

I get different results depending on if it is set to "Favorites" (which works as expected) Or "Artist" (which stops working after first letter)

This is the same behavior on my Asus tablet and Galaxy S5

Soul_Rvr911:

--- Quote from: jmone on June 22, 2014, 05:33:25 pm ---Thanks for the responses to my earlier post.

More testing of live streams (1.0.1) playing to local device.
- http://shoutcast.2gb.com:80/2gb : "A media player error has occurred"
- http://shoutmedia.abc.net.au:10424/ : crashes eos (logs sent)

--- End quote ---

Ok, I have a fix for the crash. I'll submit version 1.0.2 shortly.

I tried streaming "http://shoutcast.2gb.com:80/2gb" myself, playing it back on the device through eos. I only experienced the "A media player error has occurred" issue when transcoding was enabled. When disabled, the stream plays back as expected, although it does take a while (~10 seconds) before playback starts.

The larger issue is that eos isn't handling web streams properly. I've never used a web stream, so this went completely untested. Currently, eos is requesting that MC forwards the web stream, instead of going directly to the source of the stream. When conversion is enabled, MC is not returning a stream, which explains the error.

I'll have to spend some time figuring out how to properly support this. For now, version 1.0.2 will fix the crash, but disabling audio conversion is the only workaround to play streams on your device.

-L

Soul_Rvr911:

--- Quote from: kensn on June 22, 2014, 07:18:49 pm ---Well Rush for one...

I get different results depending on if it is set to "Favorites" (which works as expected) Or "Artist" (which stops working after first letter)

This is the same behavior on my Asus tablet and Galaxy S5

--- End quote ---

Very strange. Does this problem occur for all artists in the "Artist" category, or just Rush? My initial impression is that there's something wrong with the tags - for example, a non-standard character in the artist name instead of 'u' - but I can't be certain. Is Favorites a custom view that you've set up in MC? I don't see it in my list.

kensn:

--- Quote from: Soul_Rvr911 on June 22, 2014, 07:39:29 pm ---Very strange. Does this problem occur for all artists in the "Artist" category, or just Rush? My initial impression is that there's something wrong with the tags - for example, a non-standard character in the artist name instead of 'u' - but I can't be certain. Is Favorites a custom view that you've set up in MC? I don't see it in my list.

--- End quote ---

Ah..this must be something to do with how I had my Gizmo views set up. Did not think of that. Looking at them I can see the search fails on my Artist view since it uses a grouping of 1, my Favorites does not use grouping. 

Thanks, didn't think the Customized view would affect searching.....

Ken

Soul_Rvr911:

--- Quote from: kensn on June 22, 2014, 07:53:47 pm ---Ah..this must be something to do with how I had my Gizmo views set up. Did not think of that. Looking at them I can see the search fails on my Artist view since it uses a grouping of 1, my Favorites does not use grouping. 

Thanks, didn't think the Customized view would affect searching.....

Ken

--- End quote ---

Your custom view shouldn't affect the filtering that's available when viewing a grid list. eos should be looking at the text of every item, and comparing that with what you typed in the filter field.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version