INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC19 IR Blasting?  (Read 2821 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
MC19 IR Blasting?
« on: December 26, 2013, 11:41:19 am »

In my ongoing quest to get a single remote to control all my AV equipment I have given up on the iguanaworks/winLirc/Eventghost approaches. I couldn't get any of it to work and really didnt want to be doing something that complicated just to get the remote to work anyway.

So I went out and bought a Windows 7 compatible IO Data B-RRS remote/receiver. And just to be sure, I bought the HP IR receiver that JRiver used to sell too, from ebay. I didn't even bother using the bundled receiver that came with my new remote. The remote started working instantly as soon as I pointed it at the HP receiver. Happy days! So now I have a way of controlling Media Center on my mac mini with a remote control again.

The last remaining road block is trying to setup the IR blasting. Using the same HP receiver that JRiver sold I figured that setting up blasts would be easy. However, using the wizard in MC's remote options isn't working, and manually "Edit"ing a remote command and adding a 'Blast' to it with the 'Learn' tool also isn't doing anything. It would appear that the HP receiver is receiving the IR commands from my Denon amp remote because the red light comes on when I press the volume button near it. But Media Center never stops the learning process. I also tried adding blasts using my TV remote but the same thing happened; red lamp lights up, MC doesnt recognize anything. It isn't recognizing any input other than the MCE remote at all.

So my question is, Is adding blasts from other remote controls working properly in MC19 for other people? Any quick tests other users would be willing to do would be much appreciated.

park

• MC Beta Team
Re: MC19 IR Blasting?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 08:36:35 am »

bump

I think MCs handling of IR commands might be broken. The receiver flashes red when i press buttons from various remotes at it, but the 'learning' function in MC doesnt work at all.

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 09:05:30 am »

If you used eventghost, did you install the alternativeIRservice that is added for MCE remotes to work?  If so, make sure that it is disabled.  It interferes with other programs ability to learn IR commands.  Even if you have uninstalled eventghost, double check that the service is disabled/ removed.  I am not sure the eventghost does this automatically.

Alex

park

• MC Beta Team
Re:
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 06:46:37 am »

Since my original post I have wiped my computer and installed Windows 8 afresh so there is no chance of other apps creating the problem. All I have installed are makemkv, handbrake, and MC19. I really think that MC's learning functionality is broken.

newsposter

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 06:37:39 pm »

A while back I mentioned that it would be 'nice' if MC would emulate the old Phillips Pronto for programming purposes.  Would make it easy to create remote control layouts and scripts using a well-known layout.  Plenty of third-party/hobbyist support for the Pronto as well.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 06:55:29 pm »

I know you're right about the Pronto.  It's just a matter of time and resources.
Pages: [1]   Go Up