INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sync network library  (Read 1525 times)

Skullmonkee

• Recent member
Sync network library
« on: June 10, 2014, 05:25:08 am »

Hi guys

I currently use a single library for maintaining all my music/TV/movies.  This library was created on my HTPC, which basically stays on 24/7, and auto updates as new shows/TV shows are added.  All other computers in the house connect to this library, to watch programs and listen to music.  This works great, and is very quick.

As is stands, if i wish to update embedded information on files within the library (due to incorrect  information in the library for example) i must update it individually on all all computers which access it.  For example, lets say I import TV show 'X' to my library and have JRiver import incorrect show data.  Other computers connecting to the library of my network also see this incorrect data.  Then lets say i update the HTPC library to the correct data using 'Get TV & Movie Info'.  When accessing the library from the HTPC i then see the correct data, however, all other computers still see the old, incorrect data.

Is there anyone to enable all computers connecting to a library to update with the correct data, once the 'host' computer has updated it?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Sync network library
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 11:00:44 am »

Connecting computers will use the new information.  If you make changes on the server, you might need to reconnect (although auto sync with server should take care of it).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Skullmonkee

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 04:25:13 am »

Connecting computers will use the new information.  If you make changes on the server, you might need to reconnect (although auto sync with server should take care of it).
Hi Matt, thanks for the reply

I have set up auto sync on the computer on which the library was created.  It seems that the media descriptions are correct on the computer connecting to this library.  However, it seems that some things are still off.

The specific problem i am having now is probably best explained like this:

I imported Battlestar Galactica (2003) to my library.  JRiver interpreted half the seasons as the correct (2003) series, and a couple as the original series, thus providing the wrong episode names, descriptions, season artwork and screen grabs for those seasons.  I have since rectified this on the computer that the library was created (using 'Get Movie & TV Info' on one of the files, which auto updated the rest).  Additionally, i also changed the artwork manually for several of the seasons, as well as the series artwork. This computer now shows all data correctly.

On the second computer connecting to this library not everything was updated.  It appears that the episode names and descriptions were correctly changed.  However, none of the artwork has changed.  Moreover, the screen grabs for the seasons that were updated do not seem permanent.  If i hover over them for 1-2 seconds, they change to the correct screen grab and as soon as i move to another file they change back.  This delay does not occur on any connected computers for the rest of the TV shows in my library that have not been changed since import.  It 'seems' like (due to the delay) the second computer is pulling the changed data from somewhere, whereas the rest of the data is saved locally, hence the delay/non-delay. 

I'm not sure if this makes sense.  Please let me know if it doesn't and i will try to explain it a bit better.

Skullmonkee

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 08:04:01 am »

Another update to specify more problem more accurately.  Auto sync works fine; files that are updated on the server are updated on the client computers properly.  However i still have trouble with the artwork associated with the re-fetched files. 

For example:
I tested this by creating a new TV series in my watch folder.  The new series was set us as: CSI/Season 1/CSI s01e01.  JRiver did its thing and found the episode data, artwork etc.  However, i then changed the info using the 'Get Movie & TV Info', to select one of the other CSI shows.  The episode info changed correctly on all computers.  However the artwork remained as it was on all computers (server and client).  Am i missing something that i should enable to automatically change the TV show artwork once the info is changed, or is simply not supported in JRiver?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 08:28:16 am »

Another update to specify more problem more accurately.  Auto sync works fine; files that are updated on the server are updated on the client computers properly.  However i still have trouble with the artwork associated with the re-fetched files. 

For example:
I tested this by creating a new TV series in my watch folder.  The new series was set us as: CSI/Season 1/CSI s01e01.  JRiver did its thing and found the episode data, artwork etc.  However, i then changed the info using the 'Get Movie & TV Info', to select one of the other CSI shows.  The episode info changed correctly on all computers.  However the artwork remained as it was on all computers (server and client).  Am i missing something that i should enable to automatically change the TV show artwork once the info is changed, or is simply not supported in JRiver?

You might need to reconnect to get more sweeping changes like cover art.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Skullmonkee

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 04:07:52 am »

You might need to reconnect to get more sweeping changes like cover art.

I have actually tried restarting.  I've even restarted both the server computer, and the client.  Neither computer automatically updates cover art for the TV show once the episodes have been manually changed; the old cover art remains.

Additionally im finding another problem.
For example:

In the example i posted above i changed the series that JRiver was pulling the data from (I manually changed it from 'CSI' to CSI:NY', as i thought this was a good example).  The data for the test file successfully changed to CSI:NY.  I thought that from that point on, all subsequent additions to the 'CSI' series folder would then be pulled from the same series.  What i've found is that when additional files are added the data is pulled form the original series, not the preferred series which was manually changed.  Is this the was that the library is supposed to behave?

Skullmonkee

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 07:19:03 am »

Just wondering if anyone has any input?  Surely someone knows the answer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up