INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: burning ape files to cd  (Read 785 times)

elliott

burning ape files to cd
« on: February 14, 2002, 04:54:34 pm »

Will MJ 8.0 with the availabel plugin burn directly from ape files to the CD (wave/.cda) I have not been able to do this without crashing the program. Please help

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:burning ape files to cd
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2002, 04:14:24 am »

MJ does a two step process when it burns ape files (actually any type other then wav or mp3), it converts the file to wave on the hard disk, then burns to the CD. Which build number do you have of MJ, and at what point in the process does it crash?

Thanks,
John T.
JRiver, Inc.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Elliott

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2002, 11:47:25 am »

That was fast! Thanks. I have version 8.0.177 with the input plugin 3.94b. I am running under 98SE, ABIT KT7A-R, Plexwriter 12/10/32A, Nero with InCD...
The program appears to complete the "File Preparing" mode for each of the selected files and when that is done the program will report "Bad Audio Format" (the "Generic Driver box enabled"). If changes to the generic driver box are made the program shuts down with the "illegal operation...". Upon restarting after returning to the desktop the program will display "MJ caused divide error in module CDWRITTER.OCX" at the exact same point (just after preparing the file mode appears to be finished. Hope this makes sense. Again thanks for the speedy reply. Elliott

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2002, 12:09:07 pm »

Try 8.0.206, they just updated the Generic driver.

JohnT

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2002, 12:10:45 pm »

Try the latest build (8.0.207). There were some bug fixes in this area.

Thanks,
John T.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Elliott

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2002, 03:27:24 pm »

I removed the old version and downloaded and installed the latest Beta version...Problem solved. Much thanks...don't work to hard. Elliott
Pages: [1]   Go Up