INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: gizmo and structure audio folders  (Read 5464 times)

jmboudeville

gizmo and structure audio folders
« on: November 04, 2013, 11:52:45 am »

From my android tablett to the JRiver server (XaYHht), with mode "Audio"; I cannot see the folder structure on my hard disk (where are located all my music folder-( 1,5 Tera-) but only: "Artist/Album/Compositeur" ... whiich are not so clear and easy  to work with against windows-folder structure ( as in Foobar!)
My musical folders represents about 1,5 Tera octets and only the mode "Folder structure" is easy.
I cannot find the command "Folder" (I remember it was possible with MC 18)
If not possible, i shall stay with Foobar, less musical (a little) but easyer!
Thanks for your aid and sorry for my bad language...

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: gizmo and structure audio folders
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 11:57:54 am »

Tools->Options->Media Network->Advanced->Customize Views for Gizmo and WebGizmo
Highlight Audio
Click on Add
Choose Library Item
Change the name from "New Item" to "Folder"
Click on Add to the right of the box labelled "Show Categories In This Order"
Select "File Path"
Browse to the root of your media folder
OK
OK
OK

Now you should have a folder view under Audio in Gizmo.

jmboudeville

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 03:28:13 am »

Many thanks for your answer;
 OK, anymore, i can see now, the albums (view of Jacquets only and not file-names),  sorted by" filename path". (not exactly "file-path"...)

But i cannot see, as i whish it, the simples "File Tree",  nor "directory Tree", alike i can see them, in JRiverMediaCenter, on my PC screen.

The "Trees"-Windows-mode- views  should make, the  big mediatheque display, easyer in the Gizmo

For instance, With foobarCon remote, i can use its" browser" buil in and so,  i can see all the PC "Root tree"  and so the "files -Tree",  which are  located on my second hard disk,  where are stored my  music files (it is a" WINDOWS" view-Tree) .
This Windows-display is very easy for big Medias.(1T,5 Mo)

II think it is impossible with Gizmo; is it not?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 05:36:16 pm »

This worked for me the way I expected. I'm not sure I'm understanding what you are trying to get it. Perhaps you mean that you want the folder view to start up the tree further? If you can just browse to a higher location.

If it's multiple folders within the view that you want, you can create a top level view that contains multiple folder views.

jmboudeville

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 03:08:20 am »

many thanks again
I try to explain clearly my request:
I want to get on Gizmo, the same view of "Audio-files" that i get on the monitor of the P.C. ( when operating in JRiver Media center).and which is similar to my HDD/Directory/ structure (Tree) where are stocked my musical- files in Windows7 :
-On the PC monitor-screen,(in JRiver19 media-center),  i  can see, this "TREE",on the left column:
-Audio-
  -Files-
     -E- ( the HDD where are stocked my audio-files and video in my PC)
         -Musiques- (this folder contains all my music folder
             - all my directories, from BACH to Wagner...and each one contains all the disks of the composer (Bach directory contains for instance all cantatas, classified by artist -Harnoncourt-Gardiner / wagner; all his operas...etc).
I cannot obtain this, simple and same view of this "TREE" on my tablette with gizmo. I get "only" Thousands of Covert-art -very nice but not practical !!- but not the simple and practical"TREE" as above mentionned. Thanks

trazom

• Love & Peace
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 06:22:19 am »

Hi

I have the same question - any news about this ?

I would be very grateful, if somebody who has an answer could reply.

I also have all my music in a file tree - like the gentleman who started this post.
Pages: [1]   Go Up