INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Id -- Questions and Answers  (Read 52604 times)

davidw55

• Recent member
Re: JRiver Id -- Questions and Answers
« Reply #150 on: August 16, 2014, 07:41:16 am »

Sorry, but my earlier post about mode 2 not initializing the network properly was the result of a mis-observation.  

Here's what I see for all the modes..

Modes 1 and 3: Monitor on  .... OK
Modes 1 and 3: Monitor off ... seg fault during boot, no network

Mode 2:   Monitor on or off  ... boot completes and network comes up and (if monitor is turned on) menu displays

The receiver reports that its HDMI input port is in "DVI" mode, which seems understandable given the purpose of Mode 2.
(conversely, in Modes 1 and 3, the receiver reports that its HDMI input port is in "HDMI" mode)

So, in Mode 2 the Id is up and alive, responds to menu requests, and network pings, there's just no audio coming from the receiver.

If there's some diagnostics that I can collect, then do let me know.

Dave

P.S.
the seg fault during boot for the no-monitor Mode 1 and 3 case seems odd because there is indeed an HDMI device attached (the receiver).

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #151 on: August 16, 2014, 08:37:08 am »

There are some HDMI devices that might help.  I haven't tried any, but take a look at what people say about HDMI Buddy and similar.  The forums at AVSforum might be a good place to look.

My Id is connected to a receiver that is connect to a TV, both by HDMI.  I can use it without problems with both turned off (playing to Gizmo on an Android) or with just the receiver on (playing through its speakers).  When the TV is turned on, it also works until the TV sleeps, then the playback to the receiver pauses unless I turn the TV off.  Go figure.  I've learned how to work around it.

I've bought, but haven't tested, the Kinivo 5011BN HDMI Switch which I've read about.  I'll try to test it soon and report back.
I just started testing and posting results here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=91115.0

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #152 on: August 16, 2014, 08:47:00 am »

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #153 on: August 16, 2014, 11:08:39 am »

OK, but what is HDMI Buddy ?
I was wrong.  It's the HDMI Detective from Gefen.  It's $129.  But I'm testing a Kinivo that is $59 and it seems to solve my problem.  It may not solve yours.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=91115.0

MDCry

• Recent member
« Reply #154 on: August 20, 2014, 12:00:57 am »

Can I use this instead of my laptop? I currently run JRiver on an Asus laptop with all my flac files on the computer. The laptop is our family computer and has to be disconnected from my stereo if we need to use the computer.
I control the music via my iPad using JRemote. I have a Peachtree Audio 220SE integrated amp with USB dac.
The Id has about 100gb of storage so if my library is about 150 gb can I connect a NAS or some other storage to the id?
Also, will I be able to send music via music apps (Songza, Spotify, etc)  on my tablet to the id wirelessly or connect it somehow. Or connect the id to a monitor via the hd I and use the web based versions?

Thanks in advance,
Mark

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #155 on: August 20, 2014, 07:15:39 am »

Can I use this instead of my laptop?
Yes.  The laptop could still serve files, and you could use a phone or tablet to play from it to the Id, assuming they are both on the same network.
I currently run JRiver on an Asus laptop with all my flac files on the computer. The laptop is our family computer and has to be disconnected from my stereo if we need to use the computer.
I control the music via my iPad using JRemote. I have a Peachtree Audio 220SE integrated amp with USB dac.
The Id has about 100gb of storage so if my library is about 150 gb can I connect a NAS or some other storage to the id?
Not directly, but if the laptop has imported the files, you can play them.  We may offer a larger drive in the future, and you can also play directly from the Id.
Also, will I be able to send music via music apps (Songza, Spotify, etc)  on my tablet to the id wirelessly or connect it somehow.
Not at this time.
Or connect the id to a monitor via the hd I and use the web based versions?
You can connect the Id via HDMI, but it won't play web audio.

You can get a limited version of this by adding individual stations to separate playlists on the laptop, then playing the playlist on the Id.  Please start a new thread if you need help on that.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #156 on: August 20, 2014, 09:30:20 am »

Video should be coming by the end of the year:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=91188.0

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #157 on: August 27, 2014, 09:39:53 am »

Please use the new Questions thread now.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up