INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RIO 800 Problem  (Read 1539 times)

pmiller

RIO 800 Problem
« on: February 14, 2002, 12:45:08 pm »

This is a revison of the post titled "Program Crashing".  MJ crashes when trying to transfer files to my RIO 800.  I have MJ 8.0.205 installed and I have the current RIO plug-in,3.0.3, installed.  I can build a list for transfer to my device but when I try to transfer the files the program crashes.  I can transfer files to my handheld using another program but not MJ.  Any suggestions? TIA

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:RIO 800 Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2002, 01:57:17 pm »

What version is the MJ Rio 800 plugin?
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

pmiller

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2002, 02:32:35 pm »

Plug in version  , 3.0.3.   The error message says Media Jukebox.e.exe has caused some errors.

Steve

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2002, 04:42:01 am »

Can you install the Rio Manager software that came with the Rio800 and see if you can transfer files with it? We are not allowed by Rio(S3) to distribute the drivers necessary to connect to the Rio 800. Those drivers are installed from the CD that comes with the Rio800. If you have installed another software package, it may have installed some drivers that are incompatible. When you install the Rio Manager software, if it works, we can be sure the correct drivers are in place and trouble shoot this further if we need to.

Steve

pmiller

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2002, 12:47:42 pm »

Still having problems with file transfer, MJ crashes when trying to transfer files.  The software that came with my RIO was RealJukebox.  I can transfer files fine with that software.  I can transfer my .aa , audible files, with my audible manager software but can transfer nothing with MJ.  More info about system if it might help.  Running w2k with 512mb ram, 866 processor MJ 8.0.205 and plug in version 3.0.3.  Please help!

pmiller

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2002, 01:16:12 am »

Putting it back up top so maybe someone can help me!

Steve

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2002, 04:48:20 am »

pmiller,

Could you try getting up to the latest versions and see if things work better. MJ should be at 8.0.214 and the Plug-in should be 3.0.4.  

If you are still having upload problems with the new versions, can you tell me if you are able to delete files?  Also, is the total and available space reported by Rio acccurate?

mset68

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2002, 10:27:18 am »

hey steve-
mark here, we've been emailing for the last few months about various Rio problems. i decided to give it a rest for a while, but them i saw this postfrom pmiller and decided to add my 2 cents. i'll start by saying that i have the most current M.J. 8.0.214 build and Rio plugin (Rio 800). the plugin is so close to working. i have the Rio "Extreme" which has a total of 384MB of memory (256MB internal, and a 128MB backpack). it seems that MJ won't let me fill it up, particularly the internal memory. yesterday i managed to almost fill the external with files, but then when i tried to fill the remainder of the internal memory, the program crashed. i might add that the only way i was able to successfully fill the external memory was slowly- 5 files at a time. but the problem is not only with MJ- I have also noticed the same phemomenon with Music Match. I never have a problem with Rio Audio Manager- i am able to pick about 85 songs (roughly the capacity of the player) and just sit and let them load (first to the external, then to the internal, not simultaneously) No problem- no crashes. the only problem is that Rio's software sucks. I use M.J. for everything else- i rarely open Music Match or Windows Media Player. I love your software- it's just that seamless use with a Rio handheld is tantalizingly just out of reach. i mean, it's not earth-shattering, but slightly frustrating. thanks a lot! mark. mset68@yahoo.com

Steve

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2002, 11:34:21 am »

Mark,

I will drop you an email and we will see if we can't make some progress on this.

Steve

pmiller

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2002, 02:14:20 pm »

Steve,

Thanks for your response.  I have upgraded to the most current versions of MJ and Plug-in.  Still crashes program when trying to transfer files.  MJ reads the RIO fine when blank, total memory is correct, BUT if there is anything on the handheld then MJ crashes.  Clear the RIO and MJ shows the total available memory. ???

Steve

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2002, 05:16:34 am »

pmiller,

I have some detailed suggestions for you related to getting the correct drivers. Would you mind dropping me an email at steve@jriver.com and we can pursue this further.

Thanks,

Steve

markctpr

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2002, 06:04:55 am »

Please drop me a line as well.  I'm having the same problems with MJ but am able to transfer music using the horrible Rio Audio Manager.

Please help.

Steve

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2002, 05:05:01 am »

markctpr,

Please email me at steve@jriver.com

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up