INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Series Cover Art Not Working Theater View - List Style (Name Left, Image Right)  (Read 2341 times)

connersw

• Citizen of the Universe

Edit:  I have determined that it is not an issue with the Genre category, but rather with the List Style (Name on left with medium sized Image on right).  I have changed the thread title appropriately.  Please see Reply #8.

I have a Genre Library Item set up in Theater View with Details:
Genre
Series
Expression:  TVInfo(SeasonDisplay)

The Cover Art in this Library item is hit and miss.  Some Seasons and Series show perfectly, but for many it only shows the Episode cover art (ie screen capture).

Oddly, I have a Series Library Item that is set up almost identically, except without the Genre:
Series
Expression:  TVInfo(SeasonDisplay)

All the Cover Art works perfectly (both Season and Series) there.   Suggestions? 

connersw

Re: TV Show Cover Art Not Working in Theater View - Genre
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 08:33:26 am »

Coming back to this, maybe Hendrik could chime in on when MC goes to the Cover Art\Series or \Seasons folders?

I used to "trick" MC to get the right Cover Art by assigning S01E01 the Series Cover Art, and S02E01 the Season 2 Cover Art and so on. 

In the screen shot below, you can see that works for Orange/Black, Portlandia, Always Sunny, Entourage, and Lucky Louie.  For Californication, since I don't have Season 1, it seems to work as well (first Episode I have is S02E01 so it uses Season 2 Cover Art).  For Weeds, since I only have random Episodes, the trick does not work (all the Episodes I have just have screen shot Episode Cover Art assigned). 

Worse though, for The League and Eastbound and Down, it doesn't work at all; despite having S01E01 assigned the Series Cover Art it just shows some random Episode's screen shot Cover Art.

In the second screen shot, you can see that if I drill down into the Series child level, it still doesn't show the Series Cover Art. 

I have the same problem with my New and Unwatched Library Items.  It only works correctly if the Library Item starts with Series as the parent level.  Is it possible to have MC go to the Cover Art directory for Series and Season each time they come up, regardless of what level they are in the Library Item/View?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 08:51:18 am »

I tried to setup an alternate view with Genre on top, but it still works just perfectly here.

Are you testing from a library server client, or directly on the server?
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

connersw

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 08:54:51 am »

It works the same way on both; playing directly on the Server and on the Clients. 

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 09:12:39 am »

I checked in the code, and it doesn't care where its used, it'll automatically lookup series images in views either being Field=Series, or Expression=TVInfo(SeriesDisplay), and the same for Season.
Considering it also works like that for me..

Of course it'll only work if all files in that category truely share the same information in that field, but that should be obvious.

If you only had the issue on a client, it might be the old issue of thumbs not updating magically on clients, unless you open such a view on the server first to get MC to update the database.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

connersw

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 10:56:31 am »

Hmm, well at least I know it should be working.  I tried deleting the Library Item and recreating it with no change.  I also tried Tree & View -> Thumbnails -> Erase all thumbnails and then Build missing thumbnails still no change.

Those images must be cached somewhere though because I also tried closing MC and Media Server, deleting the Cover Art\Series and \Seasons folders, and then re-opening Theater View, and I get the exact same results as the screen shots I posted.  Theater View must be pulling the images from a cache then since it can't get them from a folder that does not exist.

connersw

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2014, 07:48:22 pm »

There is definitely a cache somewhere that is stuck.  I'm just not sure which one I should delete to fix it.

I deleted the Cover Art\Series and \Seasons folders, and I completely rebuilt them with Get From Internet.  This fixed the problem (mostly) for all List Styles except for the one I want to use and have been using (shown in my previous screen shots). 

For my New and Unwatched Library Items, if I Toggle List Style I can get the Parent Level to show correctly.  If I go all the way through back to the original List Style, it works correctly too.  However, if I go down a Child Level in that one, the Child Level shows correctly, but when I come back the Parent Level reverts to the old thumbnails.  Child Level views and coming back work correctly in all other List Styles.

For my Genre Library Item, the Parent Level shows the wrong thumbnails regardless of List Style.  If I drill down in the original List Style all Child Levels show the old incorrect thumbnails; however, if I drill down in any of the other List Styles, it now displays correctly.

It is doing this same thing now on both the Server and Client.  Suggestions on what I should try to clear? 

connersw

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 12:49:22 pm »

Still can not get this to work properly.  I have deleted and rebuilt all my thumbnails.  I have deleted and rebuilt all my TV Show Cover Art.  I have cleared every cache I could find in \AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 19.  Nothing seems to fix it for the List Style shown above.

Any suggestions on anything else I should try clearing?  Anyone else having this issue with this List Style?

connersw

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2014, 09:19:41 am »

Still cannot get this to work.  I have determined that it is not an issue with Genre or any particular Category being first, but rather with just this List Style (Name on left with medium sized Image on right).  I was thrown off since Genre doesn't have a "Genre Image," and since some of my Episodes used the Series or Season Cover Art for Episode Cover Art if they were Episode 1.

I have done a complete uninstall and reinstall of JRiver, including clearing the Registry.  I have deleted and rebuilt all my Thumbnails.  I have completely deleted my \AppData\Roaming\J River folder and rebuilt it, including every Cache and both my Series and Season Cover Art folders.  However, the problem still persists. 

Now that I am only using Episode Cover Art for every Episode, it is much more obvious to see what is going on.  This List Style is pulling Episode Cover Art, not Series Cover Art.  If I toggle through List Style, I can get Series Cover Art to appear correctly.  However, if I go into a Series then go back, it returns to showing Episode Cover Art.  Please see screen shots attached.

Can anyone repeat this issue? 

connersw

connersw

No change with 19.0.135

connersw

No change with 19.0.136

List Style (Name Left, Image Right) only shows Episode Cover Art once you drill into it and go back.  If you Toggle List Style, it will show Series Art correctly.  However, once you go into it, it reverts to Episode Cover Art, even for Season Cover Art.  If you go back to the Series level, it has reverted to Episode Cover Art as well. 

Can someone else please check if they have similar behavior? 

connersw

Could anyone (JRiver crew or not) please test to see if they have the same issue with this List Style?  In this List Style Series and Season Cover Art are not working correctly for me.  They show up if I Toggle List Styles, but once I drill down, they revert to Episode Cover Art.

When Hendrik replied earlier, he was just testing the Genre Library Item since I hadn't correctly identified the real issue as being the List Style. 

Hendrik

• Administrator

I found the reason for the problem and fixed it, just need to make sure I'm not breaking anything else, and then it'll be in the next build.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

connersw

Awesome.  Thank you Hendrik--I really appreciate it.  It was making me feel a little cuckoo that I seemed to be the only one with the issue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up