INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can JRiver adopt the design Apple had in Itunes?

I would like to see this added
- 2 (40%)
An easier form of use
- 0 (0%)
It is not needed
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Should there be a better Cover Flow Design...  (Read 1220 times)

DigiTizeU

Should there be a better Cover Flow Design...
« on: June 01, 2014, 09:49:28 pm »

In the older versions of Itunes the Cover Flow design was as good and simple as it gets in my book. JRiver is better in many other ways but lacks a good simple design for cover flow. Certainly for Audio. I know there was a lot of disgruntled Itunes users when Apple took it out of Itunes. I would like to see it in JRiver and was wondering if it could be implemented. I would think it would be a simple addition. The idea of a single flipping of Album covers is not a new idea and was implemented mechanically in the 70's. With a single smaller cover flow at the top and a scrolling list of songs makes it simple to navigate as well as being able to see every Album Cover. Going full screen with larger images makes it easy to navigate on a large screen from a distance as well. The closest thing to it in JRiver is the Theater Mode but that is several clicks to get to and you have yo use the keyboard to exit. It also does not separate the covers. They are grouped. Dragging is not as simple as scrolling with the mouse wheel. I hope that the developers will look at Itunes 10 and implement a similar ease of use. If you use click lock dragging is also problematic. Can this be done?

connersw

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Should there be a better Cover Flow Design...
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 07:33:18 am »

If you go to Tools -> Options -> Tree & View -> Customize toolbars you can add a Toggle Theater View icon to your toolbar.  Then it is no longer several clicks away.  Additionally, you do not need a keyboard to exit Theater View.  You can exit using the mouse, a remote control, or your phone/tablet.

While in Theater View, for any Items To Show View you have set-up, you can go to More -> Toggle List Style.  There are several List Styles to choose from, including one that shows single Albums.  Depending on how you have you Categories set-up, there doesn't need to be any grouping.  See screenshot. 

3D Albums in Standard View is also relatively easy to set-up and navigate in a similar manner.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
Re:
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 05:58:06 am »

It would be nice to have two vertical panes though. Cover flow up top and a song list down below.
Pages: [1]   Go Up