INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo search issue  (Read 838 times)

aklegal

• Recent member
Gizmo search issue
« on: June 07, 2014, 04:00:53 pm »

Hello, long time reader first time poster.

I have been using JRiver and Gizmo via my Nexus 10 for a little over a year and I have never had much luck using the search function.  Usually the search returns only one item once the search term gets relatively specific.  For example I own at least 4 versions of the Dave Matthews band song "Bartender" since I own several live albums.  After typing "b-a-r" gizmo returns lots of results a mix of song names, album names and artist names.  Once i get to "b-a-r-t" all it returns is "Bartender by DMB" which when i select it plays one random version of the song.  It seems to group similar results together but does not allow you to explore what it had grouped together.  I would like to be able to select "bartender by DMB" or whatever I have searched for and then see all the versions I have.   Is there a way to change the search function so that it retrieves all results without grouping similar results together?  Thanks.

seriousstas

Re: Gizmo search issue
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 11:08:08 am »

Hello, long time reader first time poster.

I have been using JRiver and Gizmo via my Nexus 10 for a little over a year and I have never had much luck using the search function.  Usually the search returns only one item once the search term gets relatively specific.  For example I own at least 4 versions of the Dave Matthews band song "Bartender" since I own several live albums.  After typing "b-a-r" gizmo returns lots of results a mix of song names, album names and artist names.  Once i get to "b-a-r-t" all it returns is "Bartender by DMB" which when i select it plays one random version of the song.  It seems to group similar results together but does not allow you to explore what it had grouped together.  I would like to be able to select "bartender by DMB" or whatever I have searched for and then see all the versions I have.   Is there a way to change the search function so that it retrieves all results without grouping similar results together?  Thanks.
Search does not see half the files WHY?
Pages: [1]   Go Up