INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Add categories and other questions  (Read 1458 times)

jorsan

• World Citizen
Add categories and other questions
« on: June 13, 2014, 05:40:45 am »

Hi,

Have some questions to ask:

1.- Under "video" in the left panel, would like to display custom categories besides "movies", "series",etc .... I know how to delete the ones that are there but  don't know how to add new ones.

2.- If I want to redirect one specific folder to this categories (for example "concerts") what Im doing is go to "customize view" - "included files"- "set rules for the display" and there, media type: video, and sub-type "custom" and there I add the file path (F:\concerts\  ... it works like that but, is this the correct way to do it?

3.- If I move a file to a different hard drive (from F:concerts to H: family movies for example) , JRiver still opens that file under the old category or if I erase one, that movie doesn't disappear .... what Im doing wrong?

sorry for so many questions .... still learning
Thanks in advance

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Add categories and other questions
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 08:48:46 am »

1. To add view under Video, right click on Video and click "Add Library View". 

2. a.) From there, select "Empty View", give it a name (Concerts) and click Okay. 
2. b.) Choose how you'd like to view the files under "View As".
2. c.) Under "Included Files" click "Set rules for file display...".
2. d.) Filename (path) > contains >  [path to folder]

3. You'll want to configure auto import for the files you want MC to import automatically.  When moving files around on your computer, I recommend using MC instead of explorer so that MC's library stays up to date.
Look here for more information. http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Moving_Files
Or here if you'd like to use the explorer to move files http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Move,_Copy,_or_Delete_Files_from_Explorer
Adam Thompson, JRiver

jorsan

• World Citizen
Re: Add categories and other questions
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 04:10:37 pm »

Thanks Adam! You help me a lot
Pages: [1]   Go Up