INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlists appear empty in tree  (Read 1525 times)

MrU

• Junior Woodchuck
Playlists appear empty in tree
« on: June 19, 2014, 05:00:24 am »

OK generally there is an issue with missing contents of playlists.

more detail:
In tree [for playlists] the icons are [main] purple, sub-folders are either orange [in Smartlists {they are all shown} or green [Recently Played] {they are all shown} or blue {with the exception of "Top Hits" nothing is showing at all??!} . The blue ones [except Top Hits] are playlists I have created myself.
I have been using MC for approx. 10 years now and never had this issue. Of course losing all my created playlists is quite  a problem, recreating them is in some cases impossible.

is it possible to re-find them and link them back to the MC playlists again.
I am aware of in a client they are lost, but this is the server I ma talking about?

All help would be appreciated.

thankyou
G

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Playlists appear empty in tree
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 09:26:15 am »

Have you tried a Library Restore from a time when your playlists were working correctly?
Adam Thompson, JRiver

MrU

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 12:04:16 pm »

Just tried that....twice [went back 1st to beginning of June, then went back to April].
Both instances showed same tree as before...and no files in playlist once more.

I'm guessing I have to reload files to my library from the last restored date, will do that now.?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 12:11:46 pm »

Can you post a screenshot?  Your description is a bit confusing.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

MrU

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 07:00:09 am »

My apologies if my explanation is somewhat confusing.

hope I get this  screenshot right:

Not sure whether it's @ the image above, or just as an attachment to this reply !
[forums have never been my best endeavour].

Anyway if you see the screenshot it indeed shows you the expanded playlists and there colours, and in the case of the opened one [Quiz List>2014> it's empty, as are all the blue iconed ones.?

hope this helps  a bit.

flac.rules

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 01:55:13 pm »

Do you have several libraries on the server? I have had a similar problem when i changed the library on the sever, and the client got confused that the files in the playlist was not there and maybe(?) updated the playlist to be empty.

MrU

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 03:29:49 am »

OK, I actually only have 1 Main Library [that is as you see it, or don't lol] it contains music files, about 2TB worth and a few, very few, video files.

But also listed are the library coming from my main HD server and from a newly acquired SMART tv which is default listed as a server.
Both of those have not been created by me, although ALL my files are accessed from the HD server [a Synology product].
the Synology product has always been the storage for my files but the library is created from this pc here.

Because the items above are both DLNA items, then I assume they are default set up .
This is an area I ma unfamiliar with so I am probably talking gooblydegook....sorry.

in nay case, if you are correct in what you say then what is my next plan of action in order to correct this issue.

NOTE:I attempted adding to one of those empty playlists, and although initially it did add them , they have now disappeared again!.

Pages: [1]   Go Up